Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

Didn’t we come close to beating GWS in 2016? Considering the circumstances, 27 points and them kicking away later in the game (and our inaccuracy in front of goal), pretty decent performance.

I think GWS may just be a team that we match up well against. Tipping us to win…and round 2 as well.

2 Likes

This is where I start my season. Round 1 is the one I’m cautiously optimistic for.

One chance to win and after that I’m back to the Lid On thread.

1 Like

I like it - especially the Ridley selection.

I’m tipping us to win because first use of the ball will be crucial (despite the fact that we’ve tended to score from rebound 50s) and Tommy BC will provide that for us. Stringer, Brown and Fanta are all good at presenting leads and there’ll be plenty of space for them to lead into - we just need Parish, Zach and Shiel to hit targets. With Ward and Mummy out GWS are very gettable.

2 Likes

Think we will win simply because smith and shiel will play like its a grand final

Gonna be there cheering my ■■■ off. Last years game up here was awesome. I’m expecting a vastly improved performance from JLT and think it’ll be tight - think we will win by 15 points. Smith BOG

4 Likes

GENERAL
JON
PATTON

3 Likes

Has everyone who is going got the tickets yet? I’m in bay 252 Row A. Any other blitzers nearby?

One is injured, one is dead.
What’s your point?

3 Likes

Far out that’s a lot of bays!

1 Like

They have far more instability in their best team than us and many key players missing compared to last time we met when we beat them up there.

Likely changes IMO…

EFC OUT: Hooker, Goddard, Dea, Stewart, LAV
EFC IN: Hurley, Shiel, Francis, Brown, Myers

We actually look to be a stronger side.

They definitely won’t be.

GWS OUT: Trade: Shiel, Lobb. Inj- Ward, Patton, Langdon, Haynes? Ret - Griffen. Del- Mohr

At a guess …

GWS IN: Williams, Simpson, Deledio, DeBoer, Bonar, Keefe, Caldwell (pick 11!), Daniels

Their depth is going to be tested. And they’d be wishing Setterfield stayed also.

If Kelly misses too they are in all sorts of trouble.

4 Likes

No Ward and Mumford

Kelly may also be in doubt apparently he’s been suffering with glandular fever over the summer.

1 Like

I like this side, but started to panic when I saw your emergencies, probably Draper (who I am keen on) and Clarke (who still might get there) threw me the most.

I would definitely include them in a list a players who could make a contribution this year, and I calmed down a lot when I started to list the players on the list who I thought could make a contribution this year who aren’t in your list of 26 players.

Daniher, Hooker, Gleeson, Redman, Begley, Stewart, Z Clarke, Dea, Hartley, Mutch, Jok, Zerk, Ham, Mosquito, Gown and will most likely see some of Long and McNiece. Even Houlahan and Mynott could get a look.

By the way I’ve just literally named the rest of the list.

5 Likes

This game isn’t about winning or loosing its demonstrating to the fans that the late season form and consistency hasn’t been lost.

1 Like

I think it’s a little bit about winning and losing.

23 Likes

It’s all about winning this season. No more excuses.

7 Likes

Bay 251 Row A. You get your lot going, I’ll handle mine.

4 Likes

DJR. Failed to do a preseason. Might have come back fat.I expect he might be a bit underdone, so he will have to start on the bench.

2 Likes

A lot of Bays? We’re in seat 919-920. I think that puts us near the railway station.

We’re gonna get smoked. :frowning:

It’s “learnings” - you take away “learnings” from the game apparently.

1 Like