Round 1

Like WOB team, just don’t think Pears will play due to structure.

Myers underdone so expect him to be the sub.

Funny how Hibberd is a certain omission while Dempsey is a lock.

B: Baguley, Hooker, Fletcher

HB: Dempsey, Hurley, HIbberd

C: Heppell, Watson, Stanton

HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Goddard

F: J. Merrett, Daniher, Kommer

R: Ryder, Hocking, Howlett

Int: Myers, Hardingham, Pears

Sub: Colyer or Jetta (someone with pace, by the end everyone will be cramping, need someone to break the lines)

We will know what the coaches are thinking in terms of best 22 by the final praccy match against Richmond. That will be a full dress rehearsal for round 1

Had to rely on the ■■■■■■ herald sun to illuminate me as to Kommer's injury. Not our own website. Knee tendonitis apparently. Apologies if it has been mentioned by the club, I just haven't come across it.

Doubt Dempsey will be ready. Look very slow.

I like pears as more of a rebounding defender than a kpp. He’s always looked better when he gets free and can run and create. I reckon he’ll play rd one

Already, we have injury concerns with some of our best 22.  Dempsey may not play early on.  He is another with the dreaded h/string virus. 

It looks as though some of the young kids might get game time.  A testing and interesting time, for Bomba.

Well North have 3 tall forwards don't they? Petrie, Black, I am sure they had someone else (apart from Daw) so maybe Pears as the 4th may be an option.

Petrie = hooker

Black = hurley

Tarrant = fletcher

Petrie = hooker
Black = hurley
Tarrant = fletcher

Tarrant, that was the other one.

Id go -
B - baguley hurley fletcher
HB - dempsey hooker pears
C - heppell watson goddard
HF - zaharakis carlisle chapman
F - hardingham daniher kommer
R - paddy stanton hocking
int - z.merrett, myers, jetta, howlett (sub)

Don't ya mean
B - hooker
Mid - baguley hurley fletcher
Mid - dempsey hooker pears
Mid - heppell watson goddard
Mid - zaharakis carlisle chapman
mid - hardingham kommer
Mid Wing - daniher
Mid - stanton hocking
Ruck mid - Ryder
int mids - z.merrett, myers, jetta, howlett (sub)
The game is turning into under 12 style.
add in CHF//FF jetta
And your close to it

Had to rely on the ■■■■■■ herald sun to illuminate me as to Kommer's injury. Not our own website. Knee tendonitis apparently. Apologies if it has been mentioned by the club, I just haven't come across it.

It had been mentioned but the club on the BTV injury update video.

B - Baguley  Hurley  Fletcher

HB - Hardingham Hooker Heppel

C - Stanton  Watson Goddard

HF - Chapman Carlisle Zaharakis

F - Colyer  Daniher  J.Merrett

R - Ryder  Hocking  Howlett

INT - Pears, Z.Merrett, Ashby SUB - KAV!

There probably a couple of omissins there that may not be required - myers, dempsey, kommer who may well be right to go but hard to say id pick them when i havent heard a word about them this pre-season.

its also possible one or more of hibberd or winderlich come but i doubt that

Best i could come up with at this stage!

Id go -

Don't ya mean
B - hooker
mid - hardingham kommer
Mid Wing - daniher
Mid - stanton hocking
Ruck mid - Ryder

Id go -

Don't ya mean
B - hooker
mid - hardingham kommer
Mid Wing - daniher
Mid - stanton hocking
Ruck mid - Ryder
Agree 100%. AFL resembles Under 12's on steroids. 16 on the ball, and 2 loose in defence is the norm for all
sides. An over-crowded rolling maul which looks terrible.
Wouldn't it be nice if one coach had the initiative to play a couple of permanently deep forwards? Would draw back some of the oppositions 16 mid fielders and create more space, producing a less ugly game.

FB: Baguely, Hooker, Fletch
HB: Myers, Hurley, Pears
C: Heppell, Watson, Goddard
HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Zerrett
FF: Kommer, Daniher, Chapman
R: Ryder, Stanton, Hocking
Int: Howlett, Ashby, Hardingham, J. Merrett
If either of Demspey or Hibberd are right to play I'd take Ashby out and put Pears on the bench. If both are right to go, It would be Ashby and Hardingham coming out. 

FB: Baguely, Hooker, Fletch
HB: Goddard, Hurley, Pears
C: Stanton, Watson, Zaharakis
HF: Merrett, Carlisle, Chapman
FF: Kommer, Daniher, Hardingham
R: Ryder, Heppell, Hocking
Int: Howlett, Myers, Merrett Gleeson

EMG: Jetta, Ashby, Thurlow

Daniher to chip out in the ruck for paddy.

On the premise Browne, Demspey, Hibberd, Bellchambers, Melksham* & Winderlich are all unavailable. 

Kommer also under an injury cloud, if he doesn't play at least 1 game before round 1 then he can come through the reserves and Zero Touches Jetta can get a game...

Pressure is on Ashby, Kavanagh, Gleeson, O'Brien to dominate VFL matches this year and force their way into team when injury occurs.

On Jettas pre season form he will get an opportunity at some stage this year, if not round 1 later in the year after playing midfield for reserves.

Just on Hurley as a defender, I hope he reverts back to attacking the ball like he did as a forward. Seems to me that he is so focussed on his opponent that he doesn’t back his judgement. Slips into the typical backman’s position of running behind his opponent at the contest. May be a confidence thing? Just watch the old master Fletch. Focussed on the ball, with one eye on his opponent. Hope Hurls can learn from him.

I like pears as more of a rebounding defender than a kpp. He's always looked better when he gets free and can run and create. I reckon he'll play rd one

Is his ball use good enough for this role? I like that he always looks to hit someone up, but sometimes he over-finesses and tries for passes beyond his ability. In his efforts to avoid kicking to a contest, he rarely kicks the ball more than 30m, and often goes sideways. And some of his delivery is real heart-in-the-mouth stuff. Sometimes he just needs to kick it long to a contest when there isn't some clear enough to pinpoint. Personally I don't think we get much drive from him when he is playing that role, and he really needs to rediscover his mojo as a lock-down defender if he is to establish a place in the team. Problem is, he gets lost under high balls and can be exploited by bigger forwards.

Thats the problem though, he’s never really been good one on one. He’s only about 192cm isnt he? I agree that his disposal may not be good enough for the role but I reckon he just looked confident against port. Its good to see him taking on the opposition, hopefully with a bit of confidence he’s disposal stays good

With confidence, hes a good match up for blokes about the size of Crameri, darling, tayler walker etc. Anyone bigger and he struggles big time