Round 10 Team Vs Norf - Sunday May 23, 4.40pm @ Marvel

We win & we’re 2 points out of the 8. Might only last a week but seeing we’ve lost 3 games under 3 points we’re a much better team than north.

1 Like

No!

1 Like

Kanga kanga kanga

2 Likes

Hind is gonna have a field day against the Kangas

1 Like

Looks rough and one-ply

1 Like

Gee they did celebrate after beating the Hawks

Wow big celebration :flushed:

Please anyway going to the game take marshmallows

1 Like

Two-ply “Marshmellow” version coming out later in the year for the softer feel.

2 Likes

Fold and die north

2 Likes

I’d like to think Ambruise gets a run after kicking 6 in the reserves and bruises some North players in the process. For me Zakka, Cahill and Bryan will be the 3 named on the extended bench that miss and I’d have Perkins as SUB so team could look like;-

Francis Stewart Laverde
Heppell Ridley Redman
McGrath Langford Cox
Waterman Jones Snell
Hooker 2MP Tippa

Phillips Parish Merrett

Bench: Hind Ham Guelfi Ambruise
SUB: Perkins

Common Dons!

I hate this time slot Sunday, its hard justify going Live or even have the time on Sunday evening to settle the kids down after watching the footy to get ready and set for another week. Either make it Sunday night game starting at 7.00pm purely for TV or play all 3 Sunday afternoon games at 1.00pm.

1 Like

Ins: Waterman and Cox
Outs Smith

Selected 18 + Hind, Ham, Perkins, Guelfi
sub Zaharakis

Cahill and Bryan to play VFL and Ambrose Carry over emergency for Sunday

Chungas definitely should be starting and throw him in the middle to start against Kangas wanna see what it looks like

Aquaman gets a golden chance to impress against Norf.
I think he will kick 4.
Ham will be used for pizza for a while.

Jeez some very angry people regarding time slots…

1 Like

Good to see us back playing in our right timeslot, 4:40pm on a Sunday at Marvel.

It’s meant to be.

9 Likes

We are so overjoyed.

1 Like

Hind, Guelfi and the Perkolator are no brainers.

Ambrose and Bryan are playing well enough, but won’t come in unless a key forward or Flipper have a niggle which probably makes it out of Zaharakis, Cahill and Ham for the last place on the bench and the sub.

My hunch is they might think Cahill is ready for a stint in the midfield, so it could be his turn, and Ham will be in the VFL on Saturday. Zaharakis back as the sub for mine.

1 Like

Hooker has had a couple of low weeks and could use a rest to freshen up for the trip West. Could keep him as the Medical Sub to allow Ham, Cahill, Bryan and Zahararkis a game in the Magoos. In the meantime give Ambrose a crack at being a lead up FF in the role he played last week in the VFL. If it works - great! If not, back to Hooker. This is the best week to try this. At the same time give Waterman a HFF role with some midfield rotation as a Stringer-type inside mid. Could work and when Stringer comes back we would have two tough clearance mids rotating in the forward line. Could add some real strength in both positions.

The team:
B. Francis Stewart Laverde
HB. Heppell Ridley Redman
C. McGrath Langford Cox
HF. Waterman Jones Snelling
F. 2MP Ambrose Walla
R. Phillips Parish Merrett
I/C: Hind Ham Guelfi Perkins
Med,Sub: Hooker

Norfs victory against Hawthorn was off the back of midfield dominance against Mitchell, Omeara and Worpel, ( not a poor midfield ) but outclassed on the day
Even with similar hitouts, North had clearance and inside 50 dominance , relative to rebound 50s, whereas R50s and I50s were similar for Hawthorn at around 40 each.

The Norf attack and defence are not better than Essendons on paper, but I expect the real battle to be fought in the midfield and if we get enough good quality incoming we should be able to scrape a win.

2 Likes

It could work. Please don’t expect Ambrose to hunt the ball up the ground like as a CHF, target him in the square or leading out and expect him to mark or get the ball to ground. His effort in the VFL was classic old style power full forward stuff.