Round 11 Essendon v Richmond @ Windy Hill, 2:10pm Saturday 1 July 2017

There are at least 10 players out there today that you can just draw a line thru, absolute garbage.

Almost no chance IMO. Has the pace, that’s about it. Doesn’t find the footy consistently enough and doesn’t use it all that well when he does.

2 Likes

I had a commitment and only got home for all of 90 seconds at the end.

Can someone please still do a write up? Particularly keen on Mutch/Beg/Rid

How is Jackson going? I wouldn’t be averse to giving him one last crack in the 1s if his kicking has really come on. We could use someone of that sort.

I’m not usually one to comment on needs but we need mids. So many many mids.

2 Likes

Merrett was one of two blokes (along with D Myers) that looked like they could slot into the AFL tomorrow. Involved a LOT up forward, clean with his skills (on a day everyone else was messy) and slotted goals.

7 Likes

And then the second half of the game happened…

2 Likes

Terrible standards. Nobody made a strong case for promotion. Although a number of youngsters showed some signs. If anyone is needed in the seniors I hope it’s a back as I thought Dea and Redman had the most AFL worthy games.

Like the first time we played them, dominated the I50’s and got rolled.
I was really looking forward to the game. Disappointing

I reckon Boyse is playing better than half of our AFL listed players.

7 Likes

Jerret can pay footy and if Colyer, Green et al went down he is about the only viable replacement as a small forward. I know his obituary has been written by a few, but there are a stack in line before him.

8 Likes

It was really sad to see the standard Stanton and Hocking were producing.

Who are those ten?

By my count that is 3 games against Richmond this season where we’ve been ■■■■■■ ordinary lol.

I’m not sure if it’s the structure or the player You’d think our listed medium forwards such as Francis, Begley, Laverde would out shine him, but he’s been more dangerous more often.

Seems like our team is a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players (excused ) and a bunch of seniors who just aren’t up to it

I think we have depth in the regards that some guys could.come in and fill a role such as Dea or Jerrett but no-one banging down the door ready to burst on the scene

Maybe Mutch or Begley

Myers is probably too good for VFL but maybe just good enough to provide ok depth for the seniors

The big toe on my left foot isn’t thawing…

2 Likes

Stants was far from our worst. Hocking on the other hand has gone from battleaxe to battler and is running out of time to turn things around.

Stanton, Hocking, Bird, Brown, Morgan, Long, Jackson, Clarke, Mckernan, Eades.

To name a few Stanton, Hocking, Bird, Morgan, Long, McKernan… Redman is not coming along and neither is Francis, both miles off it. Yeh maybe not 10, but not far off.

Reading the thread sounds like Morgan contributed absolutely 0 (again)?