Round 11 Essendon v Richmond @ Windy Hill, 2:10pm Saturday 1 July 2017

Lol, Draper had 6 possessions and 8 hitouts (5 tackles). That should give everyone an idea of the quality of my analysis.

1 Like

Oh and Iā€™m constantly amazed anyone ever thought Aaron Heppell could play AFL. Heā€™s the VFLiest VFLer that ever VFLed

I thought he did 3 or 4 good things. Like almost everyone. Tough gig trying to get ruck minutes with a guy desperately trying to hold onto AFL money in the side.

2 Likes

Itā€™s funny (peculiar not ha ha) how we can be so rubbish some weeks and never get put away.

Winning margins this year: 89, 80, 61, 38, 15
Losing margins: -4, -6, -7, -17, -23, -27

1 Like

If morgan is still on the list next season i will be staggered. Just not up to it

Stanton got a lot of it but was a turnover merchant

Jerrett did some nice things

Franic was good down back

She can stay on my list :grinning:

3 Likes

Depressing to watch. Richmond had less talent but played like a team from time to time. I imagine that VFL Essington might have had the same idea but couldnā€™t manage the basics on the day.
Last year we had a great running side with good fast linkup. This year (is it all the senior players?) it hasnā€™t seemed the same.

1 Like

I thought Dylan Clarkeā€™s contested ball winning (or even halving contests) was excellent and better than any other player in red & black.

I would have had him as our best player.

3 Likes

That is really really good to hear.

Sat in the Cookson next to maybe a dozen toothless Tiges fans freezing my butt off and watching a C grade amateur standard of footy. God help me.

Lav looked good, Leuey was way better than heā€™s given credit for, Boyse is pretty exciting, Mutch could be a player, but most guys had a shocker.

2 Likes

What exactly did Luey do that positively impacted the game?

Stats donā€™t mean everything obviously and people that were there are the only ones who can tell but he had as many touches as Maric and Soldo combined and had the most hit outs for the day so to me it appears he won his position

1 Like

Busted a few packs, took a few marks, laid a few tackles.
Not a great game, but not a stinker.

Nope

What is worse that they passed over Mathieson Darcy best mate and AA to take Morgan (& Red man)

Without reading any of Radio DJR or whoever elseā€™s stats and just from purely being there at the game today to me it just looked like we were for the most part out pressured and forced into rushed possessions causing a lot of turnovers. To me it felt the Tigs had played the better footy for the most part and yet we seemed to somehow be a kick or so in front for a long time.
The Sudanese guy playing for Tigs not sure who he was or if heā€™s listed but he really did well IMO.
Not really many of our boys that I could honestly say stood out to me. Saw Bird get a bit of it as did Mysy. Frang just couldnā€™t impose himself nor could Big Boi. Lav gets a pass. Eel to me was one I noticed getting leather poisoning but Iā€™ve said this before even though heā€™s equally qualified either side of body his kicking tends to loop and make blokes prop.
Take what I saw with a grain of salt as I was enthusiastically sampling some of Windy Hills finest VB cans however I did record the game and will go over it cos for the most part watching live you see jack s&$t and have no idea on stats.
For mine there certainly didnā€™t look to be anybody banging down the selection door for the upcoming weeks

5 Likes

Do we just put today down as a shocker and move on

Or do I so spend panic dollars on our depth ?

Thought so too .

1 Like

Weā€™ve played way better, ā€¦ and worse, ā€¦ sooo. ??

thanks for the clarification

Lets just hope the boys tomorrow get a big win