Round 11 Non Essendon games (Grand Mac Appreciation thread)

6 absolute fizzers so far.

I think they are gonna give me PTSD losing to these dogshit teams.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just easier if we resign ourselves to the fact we are dogshit. The stress would be far less

3 Likes

Tom Phillips with another gun game

Crows trail by 3 goals at 1/2 time but lead the free kick tally 16-4. Some absolute blatant cheating going on and people who say the umps aren’t influenced by the crowd are kidding themselves. One free the ump called play on, the crowd all booed in unison and a moment later he changed it to a Crows free kick and they goaled from it

Standard of AFL is at its lowest ebb, this season is tacking n as the most pathetic in AFL/VFL history.

7 Likes

Had a Grand Mac last night. Went alright.

1 Like

North Melbourne gunning for top 4 spot playing Brisbane who had quite a few old FItztroy fans in attendance and they drew 22,133 at Etihad Stadium.

Yikes.

So we missed him in what manner? I’m sure there’s a story of how he slipped through our fingers.

Needs to start referring to himself in the 3rd person:

'First-year Collingwood draftee Tom Phillips makes a big first impression by taking out the club’s 2km time trial.
After he was drafted, Phillips revealed his enthusiasm to make the most of his opportunity at Collingwood.

“I’m a leader on the field,” he said.

"I love to chat and communicate and that seems to really bring my fierce competitiveness out.

“I’m a pretty versatile player and I’m able to play in all positions. I think that’s the skill set that I have and that I can keep developing at Collingwood.”’

According to some on here we only won against average teams so we haven’t lost to all the bad teams.

Any team, Anywhere - we can and will lose to them. And every now and then we will almost inexplicably win when we shouldn’t… JUMP ON ■■■■■.

2019 tagline.

$3 dollar pies tho

Tom phillips is an absolute jet. Love him

Nah no story just another mid with elite foot skills we overlooked on draft day probably not enough upside for us tbh

1 Like

The games been on decline for a fair while now. So much so I cancelled my Foxtel membership this year after 15 years as over the past few years I’ve found myself watching fewer games played by even the top opposition.

It’s in serious trouble. The way the game is played today. Having 20 minutes plus time on is incredibly arduous to watch.

For Richmond to be as ■■■■ as they are and be the yardstick of the completion is a blight on the game.

I’m all for team performances but you take Cotchin, Caddy and Martin out of that team and they’re B grade at best.

We can thank Roos, Lion, Malthouse & Clarkson for this mess. Congested short kicking out wide with a rolling mall of players is what we’ve now endured for the best part of the last 13 years.

Thanks fark Bomber backed in a traditional style with incredibly talented footballers who made their games entertaining.

Outside of Buddy Franklin, how many modern day players will we be talking about in years to come?

■■■■ this mess of converting athletes into footballers. I can honestly pin point pass 40-45 meters on my left and I’m a fat ol washed up never was. 90% of modern AFL footballs have poorer skills on their opposite feet and hands than me and my 5 year old.

Tired of hearing “let the game go it will sort itself out”. The games ■■■■■■

5 Likes

At last …Game on!!

Have to agree. This year is the only year I’ve turned off games at half time/avoided watching a game because of the standard. And I love footy, I’m one of those crazy people that would watch every game if given the opportunity. Something is seriously wrong with the game at present

2 Likes

Its just boring. The plethora of mind boggling umpiring decisions in every game certainly contributes a lot I think.

2 Likes

Yikes? It’s pretty much exactly what they usually get.

I actually thought the below link would show the above was better than average for them… It dropped off after 2004, once the Bears became irrelevant, and has stayed pretty constant every since.

https://afltables.com/afl/teams/kangaroos/allgames_tm.html#19

It certainly doesn’t help. Though in my opinion that makes up just a portion of why the games is seriously ■■■■ now and has been for quite some time.

I remember leaving Etihad round #1 when we beat the Crows thinking just how terrible of a game that was to watch and that was after a win against the grand finalists of last season

1 Like