Round 13 Essendon v Fark Northern @ Windy Hill, 2:10pm Saturday 15 July 2017

Some numpty on here was talking up Boekhorst the other week. Still a nup.

1 Like

Maybe 4th.
Werribee currently in 4th getting their arses kicked by Richmond.

Green played well enough last night to hold his spot though I thought, plus, they are not the same sort of player at all. I have said this a lot of times, our forward line is so hard to match up on because no team has three small defenders with speed, not three key defenders. Soon as lav comes I there as a medium, we ā– ā– ā– ā–  it all up

1 Like

There was a whisper Green had a knock of some sort. Not exactly the same player but I think heā€™s the closest & probably the weakest too.

Iā€™m not sure heā€™s got the form to get a spot in the midfield given he plays forward in the VFL. I think they might have given up on him playing much AFL midfield this year and set him as a forward as a slightly easier target ( in terms of fitness at least)

Best thing i seen was Stants getting high numbers, kicking goals and most importantly enjoying his footy.
Still got it.

5 Likes

Long is going well. I feel they are keen to develop him. If he can get stronger he could be a real show next year.

What a 24 hours

12 Likes

A Bombers reign supreme weekend. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Green got 2 cheapies over the back.
And the amount of times we kick it above His head and hes to small or out in front and hes too slow,

Wouldnt be surprised to see Laverde in for green.

Just means tippa and Fanta need to stay closer to goal more.

1 Like

Lav for green is a bad move.

Lav for Stewart is more a discussion, and itā€™s not one

5 Likes

Lovely

Was impressed with Long today, played a smart game. Clean, lot of 1%'ers, and no (didnā€™t see any) mistakes.

3 Likes

Mutch had a solid game too. He obviously doesnā€™t have a head or neck. I donā€™t think he got any free kicks when he was grabbed there.

1 Like

Mutch will just slot into the senior team in a year or 2 and nothing will look out of place.

1 Like

Goals: Laverde 6, Langford 4, Stanton 2, Merrett, Leuenberger, Dea, Oā€™Brien

Disposals: Stanton 36, Langford 26, Long 25, Francis 22

3 Likes

Lots of clips and some LOLs at https://twitter.com/EssendonVFL

1 Like

Huh. Never happened, but we did kick six goals in the last ten minutesā€¦

Ridley is the definition of ā€œcoming along nicely.ā€

Could just bob up in the team out of nowhere early 2019 and then never leave it.

2 Likes

Enjoyed the commentators who knew a bit about the VFL listed guys and where they had come from, also managing to commentate the game without hyperbole and big noting each other.

13 Likes

Kicking 6 in VFL is not the measure. Itā€™s his ability to run a game out at AFL level. If heā€™s there then maybe. But green is important to how we are scaring the beheezuz out of teams. The way the saints were trying to keep a spare goal side and still getting blasted past is because of our pace including the gut run component. Green might not have got lots of goals but heā€™s an important part of the structure.

Our best 22 has laverde most likely but only when he can gut run the last quarter.

12 Likes