Round 13 Non Essendon Games DO THE MOUNTAIN

you wouldnt want to drop your guard and give opposition the psychological advantage. granted the game was almost done, but if every clubs goal for their players is to put in a 4-quarter effort, i wouldnt be happy with that.

And JoeDan shouldn’t smile?

1 Like

Richmond now leaking like a sieve with second worst defence in the comp. Only melbourne are worse. Even FC are better than Richmond.

And yet - we lost to them! :cry:

1 Like

It is only the Richmond VFL side. Wait until they start getting their players back, they will be very hard to beat

It was a dead ball situation, no advantage gained.

what? i dont think ive seen joedan congratulate an opposition player after they kick a goal…

1 Like

If you congratulate an opponent or pat them on the head when they are losing its patronising.
If you congratulate an opponent when they are winning its probably because you are starstruck.

Prestia butchered numerous chances inside 50 when the game was alive. He’s far from polished.

2 Likes

Got an easy run coming up after the bye. Got Saints, Suns and Port in their next 4 matches plus GWS at the G. Will almost certainly win their next 4 and be 11-6

Nope. The Richmond VFL sides are actually good.

Betts’ goal was Mitch Brown-like. Got the ball and sprinted hard for the pocket.

1 Like

Saints at Etihad isnt a walkover for this richmond team.

Which is even more amazing considering half of them are in the AFL side

Richmond’s VFL team play the same way their seniors do, which is even more effective against lower quality opposition

I was more alluding to their depth. Their VFL side is doing an amazing job

I would say that they have recruited well, both for AFL and VFL players, finding a lot of those mid/for types who pressure well and can impact the scoreboard.

But, I wouldn’t exactly say that their game style is overly reliant on talent, provided they have a sufficient number of players willing to play their roles and give max effort most VFL teams wouldn’t be able to stand up.

And then there is the whole lighting situation at Punt Rd which probably cost us a game.

No chance they win all 4 imo

1 Like

No, neither have I. The parallel is both players have copped a bit of flack for showing enjoyment of the game. I don’t see a huge issue with either act, really.

2 Likes

I do not care what the coach thinks of it. I thought it was a wonderful moment of respect between two indigenous brothers and it warmed my heart to see it.

10 Likes