Round 13 vs Port Melbourne @ Windy Hill - 2.10pm Saturday 2nd July

Eades can join Edwards in the useless department.

No, Edwards is in a class of his own . Pre school.

Well, that was about the most frustrating hair tearing last half of football I’ve seen this year.

My head was shaking so often, . . it fell off.

■■■■.

Should have kept Van Unen instead of Edwards

• Francis will play next week, surely. Plays with so much confidence and aggression for a young lad.
  • McKenna is worth persisting with - his improvement since he got drafted has been incredible.
  • Langford did enough, even if he had a couple of sloppy moments early.
  • Eades is a mile off it.
  • Edwards is frustrating player to watch. So good and then WTF.
  • Michael was enormous for us. Not sure what the go is with McKernan but he’d have to be considered.
  • I think A-Hep will find himself drafted at the end of the year, even if it’s just a rookie spot.
  • Long shows some really positive signs.
  • Laverde did a few nice things but it was a tough day for him up there with some ordinary delivery coming in. Needed to kick that goal though. I’d have Langford in before him, although both may be given a chance anyway.

Bomberblitz would like to remind every EFC footballer that you can run 15 metres before bouncing the ball.

BRING
LAV
IN

I’m gone 16 hours and you guys fall apart…

Langford had it 30+ times easy yeah? Was immense today

Bugger, on the edge of my seat but no biscuits this arvo.
Long, Michael, The Langford in for mine, plus Frank if his head still works.

Francis = Frank

Francis looks match fit to me. He ran the game out and was massive at the end and gutsy enough to take the game on right to the last.

Great coverage on BB. Just like being there!

My phone went from 50% battery to 1% in the space of 30 seconds and died before the start of the third and thank god it did. That was infuriating. So often the case for our VFL side at home.

Shame HeppA and Cogs aren’t listed.

Bring back Nash Holmes ffs

I was watching on TV with no volume in a pub so didn’t pay too much attention. Who played well and have we got some stats up yet?

Langford was good but gives away silly frees, Laverde was good early but faded, Long was consistent without being great, needs to work on his disposal. Francis was best! Michael played really well in the 2nd half. Wallis started well and disappeared. Hepple is great. Morgan improved as it went along without being very good. Redman looks silk but didn’t touch it enough. Eades was garbarge and I think should be tried in Kommers spot. Kommer was ok. Edwards when he got a chance to run was very exiting the rest of the time he was disappointing. Coghlan was great early but got injured. Grimly started better than Michael but disappeared. Polkinghorn was probably 3rd best on ground.
There was way to many passengers…

I’m sure Brisbane would love Jordan Liesle in there forward line

Forgot MCKenna, was BOG, great kick

For me beats in order were McKenna, Francis, Langford, Polkinghorn and Hepple

If that was our future, then I’m looking forward to it. Lots of great young guys.
Exciting, fast group of players.

Apart from all the other attributes he has, Francis sticks tackles. Big time.

Thanks for the coverage guys, just reading through after the fact. Hope to see some of the bests in next week. Hope to never see Edwards again.

Stats up on footy live app:

Langford 11 kicks, 17 handballs, 10 tackles
Polk, 11, 15, 5, plus 1 goal
Irish 13, 10, 2
Long 16, 6, 1
Francis 15, 4, 7 (13 marks)
Redman 10, 9, 2
Heppell 8, 8, 5
Lav 7, 8, 6
Wallis 5, 7, 6
Morgan 5, 4, 2
Eades 2, 2, 4

Must say Eades has been disappointing this season. He was talked up a fair bit by the training watchers before Xmas and at that stage I was hoping he’d play a fair bit of 1’s straight away. But after his incident over Xmas, he wasn’t talked up again that I noticed, so I’d be curious if he was noticeably training worse after that point?