Round 13 vs Port Melbourne @ Windy Hill - 2.10pm Saturday 2nd July

The chips from the chicken shop in Napier St are horrible. They’re tough, lacking any potato in the middle and absolutely overwhelmed by some kind of rancid intense uber salty seasoning. 1 out of 5

I thought Freezer was very good.

Edwards was so frustrating, has become like our court jester. Was the source of much hilarity in the standing area.

Francis - surely will be selected sometime soon. I can now see his transition from last year to now with all of his intercepting marking. He really does take it on and mark absolutely almost every. One thing I would like him to improve on is his kicking. Whilst he intercepted well and saved a few possible goals, most of his kick were poor not hit a target or even turned over. He will definatly improve in that, think he should just take his first option. Really looking forward to seeing him play in the AFL though and agreed he should have been thrown forward.

Kyle Langford - Gee he was very very good. He does remind me of pebdlebury- where he looks like he has so much time with the ball and everything looks in slow mo. Was in and under in everything. Will be back in the seniors next week

McKenna- Gary Ayres tried to lock him down but he broke the shackles off and came alive in the 2nd half where his run off the back flank was huge. He looks so much quicker than everyone else and no one could catch him- apart from when he took someone on and bounced straight away when he didn’t need to! Is progressing nicely and will be back in the seniors very soon.

Gach- injured in the very first ruck contest and we went one down straight away. Took no further part in the game.

Wallis- did some nice things. Did go missing a little bit but like his tackling and willing to get the ball another who is coming along nicely and has done better than I have expected

Longy- He was very good aswell. The more we opened up and attacked the more he was noticeable. His senior debut is not far away, will play over the next few weeks in the seniors.

Eades- hoping it was an off game, had 1 touch untill the last q where he got a little more involved with his pressure around the ball. After hearing he was teetering down preseason and one of the first that should be picked before he got his suspension, he was a big let down yesterday. Not anywhere near afl standard based on yesterday’s game.

Edwards- lazy & not consistent enough. You can see the talent. His run and dash you see it once or twice a game he could be a very good footballer but he just doesn’t do it enough. Really dissapointed thought on the bck of last year he was about to take the next step but he’said gone backwards. One of his 3 dashes through the ground hit a target where he ran through the middle, lowered his eyes and kicked a bullet to ferry on the lead in our forward line - his only highlight.

Mckernan- didn’t play due to calf injury I think it was.

Michael- battled all day in the ruck, was big around the ground too. Unsure if he can take it to afl level and be solid but would definatly like to see with Jamar and Luenberger out.

HeppellA- PICK THIS KID UP! So impressive he has taken his game to the next level since last year. Such a reliable defender off half back was in everything, contests, rebounding and smothers. Saved a certain goal for the 2nd week in a row where he’s dived in heath Shaw grand final like and saved a goal. Refuses to stop chasing aswell and closes down his opponents very well.

Laverde - was in and about, wish he kicked that goal but he is one of those players that is so much better at afl level with the people around him. Can’t wait for him to be back in the seniors.

Polkinghorn- was his usual self in and under everything and snapped a nice goal out of the pack when we needed it to stay in touch. Just the standard vfl game from him that you’d expect.

Any other players? I can’t think of atm.

Francis: Its no certainty that he plays AFL this year. It may take years for this guy to attain the elite match fitness expected of an AFL player.

Hahaha

I like what you have done here, because all the players we have on our list playing 1sts have such elite match fitness…

The chips from the chicken shop in Napier St are horrible. They're tough, lacking any potato in the middle and absolutely overwhelmed by some kind of rancid intense uber salty seasoning. 1 out of 5

Get out.

Francis - surely will be selected sometime soon. I can now see his transition from last year to now with all of his intercepting marking. He really does take it on and mark absolutely almost every. One thing I would like him to improve on is his kicking. Whilst he intercepted well and saved a few possible goals, most of his kick were poor not hit a target or even turned over. He will definatly improve in that, think he should just take his first option. Really looking forward to seeing him play in the AFL though and agreed he should have been thrown forward.

Kyle Langford - Gee he was very very good. He does remind me of pebdlebury- where he looks like he has so much time with the ball and everything looks in slow mo. Was in and under in everything. Will be back in the seniors next week

McKenna- Gary Ayres tried to lock him down but he broke the shackles off and came alive in the 2nd half where his run off the back flank was huge. He looks so much quicker than everyone else and no one could catch him- apart from when he took someone on and bounced straight away when he didn’t need to! Is progressing nicely and will be back in the seniors very soon.

Gach- injured in the very first ruck contest and we went one down straight away. Took no further part in the game.

Wallis- did some nice things. Did go missing a little bit but like his tackling and willing to get the ball another who is coming along nicely and has done better than I have expected

Longy- He was very good aswell. The more we opened up and attacked the more he was noticeable. His senior debut is not far away, will play over the next few weeks in the seniors.

Eades- hoping it was an off game, had 1 touch untill the last q where he got a little more involved with his pressure around the ball. After hearing he was teetering down preseason and one of the first that should be picked before he got his suspension, he was a big let down yesterday. Not anywhere near afl standard based on yesterday’s game.

Edwards- lazy & not consistent enough. You can see the talent. His run and dash you see it once or twice a game he could be a very good footballer but he just doesn’t do it enough. Really dissapointed thought on the bck of last year he was about to take the next step but he’said gone backwards. One of his 3 dashes through the ground hit a target where he ran through the middle, lowered his eyes and kicked a bullet to ferry on the lead in our forward line - his only highlight.

Michael- battled all day in the ruck, was big around the ground too. Unsure if he can take it to afl level and be solid but would definatly like to see with Jamar and Luenberger out.

HeppellA- PICK THIS KID UP! So impressive he has taken his game to the next level since last year. Such a reliable defender off half back was in everything, contests, rebounding and smothers. Saved a certain goal for the 2nd week in a row where he’s dived in heath Shaw grand final like and saved a goal. Refuses to stop chasing aswell and closes down his opponents very well.

Laverde - was in and about, wish he kicked that goal but he is one of those players that is so much better at afl level with the people around him. Can’t wait for him to be back in the seniors.

Polkinghorn- was his usual self in and under everything and snapped a nice goal out of the pack when we needed it to stay in touch. Just the standard vfl game from him that you’d expect.

Are you serious??? McKernan is injured as well???

I thought we sat him out because we couldn’t risk him getting injured as we needed him to play seniors next week.

Has anyone seen HeppA beaten in a man on man contest yet?
He has his brother’s ability to just scrap and get his hands on it ahead of his opponent.
Is there any chance any other clubs would be noticing? I sure hope not. I would be thinking a convenient injury about now might be a good idea. We have seen enough.

Are you serious??? McKernan is injured as well???

I thought we sat him out because we couldn’t risk him getting injured as we needed him to play seniors next week.

I’m pretty sure that’s what they said on channel 7 he was withdraw due to a calf injury. I really do hope that’s wrong or a precautionary because this was his chance he deserved
The chips from the chicken shop in Napier St are horrible. They're tough, lacking any potato in the middle and absolutely overwhelmed by some kind of rancid intense uber salty seasoning. 1 out of 5

I thought Freezer was very good.

Edwards was so frustrating, has become like our court jester. Was the source of much hilarity in the standing area.

should have left the chips in the Freezer then…

Francis: Its no certainty that he plays AFL this year. It may take years for this guy to attain the elite match fitness expected of an AFL player.

Hahaha

I like what you have done here, because all the players we have on our list playing 1sts have such elite match fitness…

Are you being sarcastic Chris?

Francis was still going full throttle in the dying minutes. Fitness is ok.

langford beast mode in the middle today, just dominates with size at this level which is ridiculous given his age, is he 20 yet. actually reminded me of josh kennedy at times today.

Hes 20 in December

Gach. That injury at the first bounce cost us the game i mo, because it really effected our stoppage setups with Smack sitting in the stands. After that, we needed all and sundry to try to pinch hit in the ruck at times, as Michael could not do it all on his own.

Edwards . Can mark, can kick, can jump, can run , can handball. Just cannot put it all together under pressure. Very disappointing.

Longy continues to develop really well. Has played as a half forward , winger and now as a defender where he is playing with a lot of composure and is surprisingly tough. He has broadened his footy resume and deserves an AFL debut this year.

McKenna. Needs to get another go in the AFL, at least 4 games . Tippa one side, McKenna the other. Running power and elite kicking on reboun d and I50

Wash your mouth out

Eades and Edwards both don’t run at the ball in straight lines…look scared of the big body contact.

To be honest watching that I don’t even see what the guys saw in Eades…Will give him time but gee he just didn’t look up to VFL standard. Have seen him a few times, is young so will lay off for awhile.

Morgan, looks like ■■■■■■ Camporeale

Eades and Edwards both don't run at the ball in straight lines...look scared of the big body contact.

To be honest watching that I don’t even see what the guys saw in Eades…Will give him time but gee he just didn’t look up to VFL standard. Have seen him a few times, is young so will lay off for awhile.

Morgan, looks like ■■■■■■ Camporeale

I’ll be happy if Morgan has a career like the bloke you mentioned.

Eades, I haven’t seen it either. But the talk in the preseason was very very encouraging, and we’ve got some good pre-season watchers. He does do good things with the ball, it’s the 99.5% of game time without the ball that is of concern.

Eades will be ok, tuck him under tippas wing and watch him flourish.

Hahaha

Are you being sarcastic Chris?

Francis was still going full throttle in the dying minutes. Fitness is ok.

Well Begbie, I agree he even lifted his intensity with several minutes to go, when the game was there to be won. But he had “been missing” for extended periods of the game: on the bench.

Woosha has said he is not fit enough yet,and might injure himself.

Farken hell Channel 7!! Been waiting for SATURDAYS VFL game to go up on it’s site because my recording failed, and on Tuesday eve, there’s still no sign of it, yet the ■■■■■■ Sunday game has been up for 24 hrs !!!

What the actual …?