Round 13

Campbell brown seriosuly sounds like he’s trying to impersonate Koutafidies when he commentates.

It’s fkg disturbing

If I was Fyfe, I would watch all of my highlights the next day and see if I looked as awesome as I felt.

Is it just me but is Hayden Crozier Miley Cyrus’s doppelganger?

Looks like no one gives a ■■■■, good to see.

Seriously, freos forwardline is as dysfunctional as ours particularly Pav and Mayne, it's just their midfield and defence is so brilliant.

It’s not. Well, it hasn’t been until the last few weeks. What it does show you is that the difference between a poxy forward line and a pretty good one is about 2 guys finding (or losing) form.

Decent game, could have gone either way. Pies kicking 4 OOBOTF under no real pressure in the last quarter made a fair difference. They had the game and choked.

Outlines the need for a small crumbing forward really, 10 out of the 23 goals for the game came from;

• Walters 4

• Fasolo 2

• Elliott 2

• Ballantyne 1

• Blair 1

• Cloke 0

• Pav 0

If we had a Walters, Betts, Elliott, LeCras type i wonder how many games we would of got over the line in the last couple of years. Would also give our mids much confidence knowing when they kick to a contest they won’t have to turn around and chase again.

I get the feeling that that's the very best that the Pies could play against the very top teams, and they still fell short against a Freo team that is in somewhat of a mini slump and not playing at the level that they were in the first 9 rounds.

Pies will get found out in the next month I reckon.

Freo have some improvement in them yet to come though.

I hope the Pies do an essington.

I get the feeling that that's the very best that the Pies could play against the very top teams, and they still fell short against a Freo team that is in somewhat of a mini slump and not playing at the level that they were in the first 9 rounds.

Pies still have some improvement left with Levi Greenwood to come back.

I hope the Pies do an essington.

Cullingwood?
Collingwon’t?
Collingwoodn’t?
Lollingwood?

Pies still have some improvement left with Levi Greenwood to come back.

Not much improvement then.

Footy has changed and some sides ( coaches) ( Essendon )are having trouble coming to terms with it. High levels of skills are not enough any more.

Some games now resemble a massive rabble at a seemingly endless sequence of stoppages and the challenge is to get clean possession out of the rabble most often while maintaining the best balance of players ahead of and behind the ball.

Last night showed that Collingwoods massively “contested” scrapping style gameplan can almost beat the top side, and key forwards might hardly kick any goals when games are played that way.

Funnily enough , we used a similar game plan in round 1 against the Swans with a similar result, But I have not seen us play that way since.

It will be interesting to see if Collingwood have spent too many tickets playing this style of footy so hard in the first half of the year. Conventional opinion says they will drop away.

@ chris_64 are you sure we didn’t play the weagles that way? We had the highest number of tackles - 95 IIRC although, we didn’t score enough.

Very satisfying to watch Fyfe beat the pies.

Mr Heff and I have declared a detente of sorts in regards to collingwood and essendon. We are supposed to support the other when playing against other teams.

Last night i pretended to be sad for the pies losss…but inside i qas doing cartwheels and high fives. I farking hate collingwood and i hope they fade right away.

@ chris_64 are you sure we didn't play the weagles that way? We had the highest number of tackles - 95 IIRC although, we didn't score enough.

Thats because we never had the ball.
Mr Heff and I have declared a detente of sorts in regards to collingwood and essendon. We are supposed to support the other when playing against other teams.

Last night i pretended to be sad for the pies losss…but inside i qas doing cartwheels and high fives. I farking hate collingwood and i hope they fade right away.

Ha Ha, just the same in our place, except Mr BM goes for Fark Carlton, they can stop winning now, he’s getting above himself, not good.

@ chris_64 are you sure we didn't play the weagles that way? We had the highest number of tackles - 95 IIRC although, we didn't score enough.

SIOF, you are partly correct, we did play a similar game plan, but in the Sydney game iirc the plan was to play only around the boundary, to force throw ins and move progressively around the boundary into the 50. In the West Coast game we allowed the ball to get into the corridor too often. We also had a 2-3 up ruck strategy and played extra up back, which was guaranteed to keep our score low, but we hoped to prevent them from scoring as well. It all broke down in the last quarter when we ran out of petrol. Just like against Sydney.

Footy has changed and some sides ( coaches) ( Essendon )are having trouble coming to terms with it. High levels of skills are not enough any more.

Some games now resemble a massive rabble at a seemingly endless sequence of stoppages and the challenge is to get clean possession out of the rabble most often while maintaining the best balance of players ahead of and behind the ball.

Last night showed that Collingwoods massively “contested” scrapping style gameplan can almost beat the top side, and key forwards might hardly kick any goals when games are played that way.

Funnily enough , we used a similar game plan in round 1 against the Swans with a similar result, But I have not seen us play that way since.

It will be interesting to see if Collingwood have spent too many tickets playing this style of footy so hard in the first half of the year. Conventional opinion says they will drop away.

How has footy changed? What we are seeing is not something new at all, it has been done previously in years past, not created as a new style.

Collingwood have kicked at least 17 goals in their previous 4 games.

How has footy changed? What we are seeing is not something new at all, it has been done previously in years past, not created as a new style.

Yes depends on the timescale. Last century, you could look at a position on the field as it is still shown on the selection sheets, and the selected player would actually be close to that position all through the game. Now the roving mauls are involving more and more players : at least 4 from each team on the inside and another 4-6 on the outside. meaning at stoppages its not uncommon to see 50-60 % of the players in and around a stoppage. When this happens there is an increased probability the stoppage will result in another stoppage.