Round 14 Essendon v Casey Demons @ Casey “Very Out” Fields, 7pm Saturday 22 July 2017

I wonder whether the EFC CEO will put the Bombers VFL coach on notice that his coaching efforts aren’t good enough??!!! :roll_eyes:

Scrolled back up to read this comment again. Fine work.

1 Like

Took two hands to turn key in ignition.

2 Likes

Well that was painful! Conditions = gale to one end, ice cold and slippery.

Not too many positives really, first game I’ve been too in a whilst this year.
Stants, Buddha, Howlett and Bird must have trouble getting motivated to turn up to games like that, credit to them they still have a crack.

Having now seen him live, I’m less concerned re Francis. He reads the play well, too well for this level. In that he can be perfectly positioned only for a team mate to fumble, not look laterally etc.
Conditions didn’t suit him either, but he’s pure class, he will be fine.

Mutch looks good IMO, goes in hard, needs a bit of time but will be an improved player next year. Coming along nicely.

I can see why Morgan was rated when drafted, he’s quick, can use both sides, I’d like to see him get a bit more wing/forward. Just doesn’t get enough of it off HB.

Begley is ready if called upon. Similar to Mutch, will be an improved article next year.

9 Likes

You’re all stars.

5 Likes

Players deserve a medal for wearing shorts in that.

2 Likes

Certainly not in defence in the last.

Djr deserves a medal for typing in that.

8 Likes

Francis most of last on bench. He’s playing sore atm.

Well don’t play him! Apply the Brad Scott ruling!!

2 Likes

Might be managed for an inclusion next week? Keep him fresh?

1 Like

That last ten minutes 150 metres away at our end was a shaky blur through the binoculars. How we (almost) never scored was a mystery.

And fark all you locals who aren’t an hour plus from home.

Hands not warming up. Goal posts at the southern end are swaying a metre.

1 Like

Ambrose:

BRING

HIM

IN

That is all.

4 Likes

Looking solely at the last term, we did well to not get totally destroyed. But the damage was done earlier.

Casey ran better as a unit, particularly into the gale. They got waves of overlap happening and a patch in the 3rd killed us. We didnt score a goal into the breeze. I think they got 5, certainly got 4. That was the game. They were better organised and able to capitalise when they got it into space. I dare say these conditions arent unfamiliar to them…

We’ll probably have a few players with quite a few stats but we didnt get value from them too often. Hocking /Howlett did grunt work but even with the wind we never really had the runners outside to systematically do anything with it.

I didnt mind redmans game in the back half. He just looks an allround player without a specific strength atm. Morgan showed his pace at times which was good to see but doesnt do it anywhere near enough. Reminds me a bit of Dalgleish, we know the pace is there but where’s the confidence to use it?

Ambrose got through fine. Typical Paddy. Tried to give us some run at time, doesn’t lose marking contests.

Langers had it a bit around the stoppages but again it wasnt translating to decent clearances.

Far far far too often we misread the wind and trailed into the contest.

Oh. Begley. Yeah, he’s a good prospect. Not prolific but he’s decisive and takes his chances, whether near goal or further afield.

Francis had some good moments in the first half, started to look sore in the 3rd, mothballed in the last.

Mutch just chases the footy and puts himself at the contest. Too light atm, but keeps getting up and going again.

22 Likes

Thanks to everyone who made the effort. You’re insane but we all love you.

10 Likes

Yes, thanks to our VFL warriors

3 Likes