Round 14 Essendon v Casey Demons @ Casey “Very Out” Fields, 7pm Saturday 22 July 2017

Fixed

4 Likes

Essendon
Goal Kickers: N. Hind, J. Begley, H. Hocking, S. McKernan, J. Merrett, B. Stanton, A. Francis
Best Players: K. Mutch, J. Merrett, B. Howlett, H. Hocking, C. Bird, M. Dea

1 Like

Thank god I didn’t extend my stay to watch that rabble. Sounds like a debacle. Should be doing a lot better with that list than what we are

1 Like

Made it down for Q2 & Q3. My thoughts:

1. It was too ■■■■■■■ cold to stay for Q4.
  2. Mutch has crazy eyes. Also can play.
  3. Our AFL experienced midfield doesn’t help much at VFL level.
  4. Woosha kept a close eye on the quarter time huddle.
  5. Redman played well
  6. Francis did some very special Francis things.
  7. Draper can tackle.
  8. 2 of the coldest nights of my life have been spent standing beside Casey Fields.
6 Likes

I’ve loved Mutch since early, hope we give him a few games soon.

The penguins left, it was too damn cold.

2 Likes

A couple of very rubbish pics. ISO8000, crap light and i couldnt be bothered fixing the white balance. And yes, the away jumper looks like a pyjama top.

11 Likes

Crappy viewing behind the goals for three quarters, but…

If Ambrose feels good coming out of this, BRING HIM IN.

Dea did a few nice things, Francis good in the first half.

Redman caught the eye tonight. Aggressive.

Ferry was great.

Stanton had a particularly good first half, even if it doesn’t appear to have shown in the headline stats.

We got pretty much nothing from our forwards: Smack never clicked, Longy’s highlights (and lowlights) were mostly encompassed in thirty seconds, nothing from Boyse, Begley alright up the field in the first half before disappearing.

Hard to rate many of the midfielders when we got beat there for much of the night.

In the end: they ran it better, especially into the wind. We did respond with decent pressure after the awful first quarter. Our forward line was impotent. Both teams were awful at kicking at goal, many on the fulls.

9 Likes

Oh yeah, and I came prepared in my Jarmy Army pants… underneath my actual pants.

5 Likes

Brown played very well yesterday. Ambo held him to one solitary goal last year in a winning side. Lets see what the match committee say to your proposition on Thursday .

Dogs don’t have any decent forwards so I’d think he would spend another week in the twos to get him right

1 Like

HepA was dropped not injured, per him being released back to the local leagues.

Nth Ballarat beat Fark Northern!!! Northern were 6-1 and have since lost 6 games in a row :rofl:

That also means that the lowest we can drop after every team gets even on 14 games played is eighth, despite our loss to Casey.

Why not let him get back into the swing of things against Redpath in prep for Charlie Curnow/Levi Casboult/Harry McKay the following week.

Probably would have to play Harts in the twos though, if they pick Cloke, Hurls will manage.

We will have to be careful not to be too slow down back though, the Dogs did play a very small forward line this week, Hurls could probably have managed with Dea, Gleeson, MCG, Conor and Kells.

Cheers to those who went to siberia to give us coverage of the game, pity we couldn’t get the result. Did francis play on wiedeman?

Lol…nailed it!

2 Likes

I haven’t been following along but has HepA dropped off that badly?!

1 Like

Dunno how much is the anonymous hairdo, but yeah.

Nobby has accumulated a few times, but also should be glad he’s the captain.

1 Like

Is there anyone with speed in the twos? Strikes me that they’re all in the ones.

Maybe Jake Long.

Morgan

Hind.

Oh, damn.

1 Like