Round 14 vs Devil Franga @ Frankston Oval - 2pm Sunday 10th July

Heres a chance to make amends for the narrow loss against Port. Frankston are not the easybeats they were last year, and sit second last on the ladder so the Bombers should win, even with about 4 AFL listed players who are probable selections in the AFL team.

Its quite annoying that this game will overlap the St Kilda game. I would probably like to be able to see a win, ( and see if St Francis can kick a bag) , but the game at Etihad takes precedence I guess.

Will anyone be going to this match instead of Etihad?

Stats:

Coghlan 27 disposals and 2 tackles
Haymes 23 & 8, plus 1 goal 1.
Polk 21 & 5
Edwards 18 & 9, plus a goal
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Redman 15 & 8, plus 3 goals
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

Had to ■■■■■■ play him, didn’t we…

Great.

Or a long Long goal.

aka an opportunity to write “Long goal” and leave it vague. Otherwise you have to sound like an idiot: Long goal Long.

From Vfl site:

Goal Kickers: B. Dobson 3, M. Redman 3, J. Van Unen 3, C. Peart, A. Mcleod , N. Holmes, D. Coghlan, J. Langford, S. Edwards, G. Nyuon

Best Players: A. Heppell, N. Holmes, N. Kommer, J. Polkinghorne, M. Redman, D. Coghlan

Stats:

Holmes 23 & 8, plus 1 goal 1.
Polk 21 & 5
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

Ok then, I think that I may have mislead you guys with my earlier VFL report when I credited a goal to Jake Long, but judging by both those stats he didn't score one.

Unless my eyes were deceiving me, I’m pretty sure that I saw the number 34 score a long set shot goal.

It could be possible that I may have mixed him up with someone else, so am happy to be stood corrected.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Could have been edwards both indigenous

I don’t remember Edwards scoring a goal of the three quarters that I did see, unless he scored in the first qtr opening blitz that I did miss.

I thought i read he goaled on twitter long that is from 45 out

I approve of the above fix.

From Vfl site:

Goal Kickers: B. Dobson 3, M. Redman 3, J. Van Unen 3, C. Peart, A. Mcleod , D. Coghlan, J. Langford, S. Edwards, G. Nyuon

Best Players: A. Heppell, N. Kommer, J. Polkinghorne, M. Redman, D. Coghlan

Fixed.

From Vfl site:

Goal Kickers: B. Dobson 3, M. Redman 3, J. Van Unen 3, C. Peart, A. Mcleod , N. Holmes, D. Coghlan, J. Langford, S. Edwards, G. Nyuon

Best Players: A. Heppell, N. Holmes, N. Kommer, J. Polkinghorne, M. Redman, D. Coghlan

Stats:

Polk 21 & 5
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

Ok then, I think that I may have mislead you guys with my earlier VFL report when I credited a goal to Jake Long, but judging by both those stats he didn't score one.

Unless my eyes were deceiving me, I’m pretty sure that I saw the number 34 score a long set shot goal.

It could be possible that I may have mixed him up with someone else, so am happy to be stood corrected.

I don’t remember Edwards scoring a goal of the three quarters that I did see, unless he scored in the first qtr opening blitz that I did miss.
From Vfl site:

Stats:

Polk 21 & 5
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

From Vfl site:

Stats:

Polk 21 & 5
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

From Vfl site:

Stats:

Polk 21 & 5
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

From Vfl site:

Stats:

Polk 21 & 5
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

Plenty have said in the past the VFL stats can be very questionable.
Hopefully there’s a replay or highlights up at some point and we can confirm. fwiw, I hope you’re right!

From Vfl site:

Stats:

Polk 21 & 5
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

Stats:

Polk 21 & 5
HepA 18 & 8.
Long 17 & 5
Wallis 17 & 8
Francis 13 & 3
Morgan 10 & 1

Maybe I missed it but where was Eades?

From Vfl site:

Did Jerrett play? Or was he the senior emergency?

Didn’t play. I assume he was senior emergency.

Did Jerrett play? Or was he the senior emergency?

As promised, I can give a summary, and a few comments about individuals. Wallis - I don't see much more than a poor man's Will Hams to be honest. Not doubting his endeavour and his toughness, but doesn't provide any outside run or polish. I know it is early days for him, but I'm not overly optimistic for him. Kommer - very typical Kommer game. Probably filling in time to the end of the season. Holmes - a bit similar to Wallis..
Comments on Holmes won't be popular here.

Some see him as a cross between Sherlock and Big John.

I apologise for the long winded post as this will probably be the first and only time that I will be able to attend an VFL match this season, and in the absence of the legendary DJR VFL updates, wanted to try and provide a comprehensive account for anyone on BB that would be interested.
Thanks for your long windedness!

Did anyone win the wheelbarrow of booze (minus wheelbarrow) raffle?

Ticket number 882 flashed up on the scoreboard as a winner.

Not sure if the prize was a wheelbarrow full of booze but if it was, I reckon the wheelbarrow would’ve been empty by the time the winner went to collect, judging by the amount of noise the local supporters were making all day on the other side of the ground.