Round 15 Essendon v Collingwood @ Victoria Park, 11:45am Sunday 30 July 2017

15.10 100 to 13.8 86

12 Likes

Thanks @Hoffy.

3 Likes

Disposals: Stanton 28, Bird 25, Mutch 23.
Goals: Boyse 4, McKernan 3, Stanton 2, Bird 2, Francis, Begley, Merrett, Hind

2 Likes

Hoffy better decision making than most.

5 Likes

Ahh! Think I’ll just relax in here for a bit.

2 Likes

Tell me a-farking-bout it.

BRING

THEM

ALL

IN.

Just my thoughts:

Ambo, will be in when he gets the ok. Was great in that shut down role.
Franga, played the first half of last qtr forward and created a focus and just wanted to be in everything. Marking, spoiling, evrything. Some times it doesnt pay off but he worked really hard.
Stants and Bird were really solid.
Long was everywhere in the 3rd and faded a bit in the 4th but was still trying.
Morgan played well too, lots of inside work.
Draper was our enforcer, big time!
Boyse was great.
We have a lot of good little mouthy boys that really got under the Pies skin. Made them lose the plot a few times and give away 50s.

Finally, Jacko, he went up for a marking contest and landed really heavily and went to ground straight away. Not good. He was contributing well up to that point.

Kudos to DJR, I don’t know how he multi tasks so well.

Edit: Big Boi tried all day and led well. Mutch was great, he will be a starter next year.

25 Likes

:neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

Based on how our AFL midfield played today, Mutch should be a starter next week.

5 Likes

For all the ■■■■ we give Jerrett I hope he’s OK, doesn’t deserve to end his career with an injury.

9 Likes

Bests as per the VFL site: B. Howlett, A. Boyse, N. Hind, C. Bird, M. Darby, A. Francis

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Round 19 non Essendon games

I forgot about Benny, he was harassing all day and generated heaps of forward movement.

2 Likes

There’s some grainy footage on the Pies site.

1 Like

Where does the team sit now ladder wise ?

Held our position in sixth, which is effectively eighth if the two teams below us win the extra game they have up their sleeves. Only change from this week is that LOLLLLLLLLLLLLINGWOOOOOOOOOD is now likely too far off to get in.

Fark Northern are the likely threat in ninth – can draw even on points if they win their extra game, but would still be 35% behind us.

3 Likes

Another potential problem is having to play 1st and 4th (Box Hill and Footscray) in the run home.

Think we were briefly 4th but Richmond had a big win which just nudged them ahead on percentage