Round 16: Essendon vs Port Adelaide: Changes, Discussion, Match-ups etc

In: dell

Out: whoever

Prepare for a 10 goal smashing.

Adelaide is a fortress.......Port won't lose to us as they play with heart, passion and 4 qtrs.

The disappointing fact is talent for talent we edge them. Bombers haven't been thrashed this year and I'm not expecting too against Port

We need to get our structures right.

Ins: Bellchambers, Winderlich

Outs: Jerret, Chapman

IN: Baguley, Edwards

Prepare for a 10 goal smashing.

Nah. I reckon we will only win by 4 or 5 goals.

F*** it, they've got to lose over there eventually, why not us? 

#BackOurBoys

Just ■■■■■■ off that Port has leap frogged us over the past few years

QFT

Expecting a high amount of mullets in the crowd.

It sure will be mullets galore in morons-ville. You think the umpiring been bad to date, wait till we play this mob on their own dung heap, the umps will be sheet scared to give us even one free. If we win this it would be an absolute miracle of the highest order, we'll be playing against 20 players on the field, 18 from Port + 2 maggots. I dunno if I'll have the courage to watch. I'll gladly eat my words though if the miracle happens.

Just ■■■■■■ off that Port has leap frogged us over the past few years

QFT
They're drafting and recruiting has all pretty much been spot on. Especially midfield and fwd.
Core experienced mids were there. Boak stayed and has become better player as captain. Cassisi and Cornes are leaders who still have a big impact and are very defensively minded.
Robbie Gray finally shed the injury curse. And he is a freak.
Lobbe has really come on a young ruck to be one of the best in the league and capable of 90% plus ruck time given his tank.
They have had some luck as well in terms of the go home factor for certain players, only been competing with Adelaide who had draft penalties and if players were prepared to go into PSD like Ebert was then still was always going to get to Port. And Polec has been a revelation, delivering on talent he had when drafted by Bris.
Hartlett was always going to be a gun.
Wingard refused to go to GWS so got him at 6
Wines stupidly was passed over by Dees despite being Viney's best mate for Toumpas (who was injured in his draft year) and Wines is practically Jobe Watson mkII, and future captain material.
Schulz couldn't get his ■■■■ together at Tigers, now he leads Coleman and in PA leadership group. Monfries got more love & $$$ than he was getting at Ess and off he went. Same for Matt White from Rich.
And their sports and conditioning guy actually has a clue after years overseas. Unlike the Weapon and now we have our current relative green thumb if you considered experience on world stage in Justin Crow.
Still think their defence a bit patchy but their midfield group works so hard both ways that it covers for them.
Very good side.
We will have to play at our best and make the most of our chances if we are any hope of knocking them off.
I expect a 3point win or a 10 goal belting, more likely the latter but stranger things have happened.

Port always had a few good barebones even when they were really ■■■■. They got the spine together 4-5 years ago (Trengrove, Carlisle, Westhoff, Schulz*, Lobbe) only swapping Chaplin out* for Hombsch. Gray & Hartlett were always good but always broken. Boak really their only blue chip mid but a few other solid competitors (Cornes, Cassissi, Broadbent, Jonas etc).

Underlines to me that with belief in the right coach, most sides are within 3-4 good players of each other.

Give us Wingard/Wines/Polec instead of our weakest 3 and I reckon we’d have had a bit more run and go, to finish off 3-4 more of our games and in a much happier place in terms of confidence & belief.

FWIW I don’t believe there was any great grand plan to them, just a club that’s finally got a coach with half a clue, made good decisions with what was in front of them, and maybe been the beneficiary of not being seen as much of a threat at the trade table.

• between Chaplin, Schulz and Matt White Richmond fans must be spewing non stop. and Wingard at 6 is just criminal.

We have the talent but our development of our players I am questioning.

Myers, Melksham, Pears, Steinberg, Kav, NOB, Jetta, Howlett, Dell

These players been around In terms on our list.........they all have talents but their development is in question for me.

I will be massively surprised if we win. A good surprise though. Unlike some other years, we’re yet to cause an upset against one of the better teams and we’ve lost 2 we should’ve won.

my heart says we’ll win but my head says no. Alas, my heart is not young anymore.

But all the same, let’s

#BackOurBoys

In-Edwards
Out- whoever

Fair suck of the sav!

He's like a Ford Capri. Looks the goods, but needs some serious work under the bonnet.

Out: J. Merrett, Z. Merrett

In: Baguley, Winderlich

In-Edwards
Out- whoever

Fair suck of the sav!
He's like a Ford Capri. Looks the goods, but needs some serious work under the bonnet.
Has Edwards played one VFL game that would put him in frame for selection, let alone consecutive strong performances? Plenty of flash but not a lot of substance to his game at the moment. I think the talent is there, but he's got a lot of work to do on the fundamentals before he's anywhere near selection.

Port always had a few good barebones even when they were really ****. They got the spine together 4-5 years ago (Trengrove, Carlisle, Westhoff, Schulz*, Lobbe) only swapping Chaplin out* for Hombsch. Gray & Hartlett were always good but always broken. Boak really their only blue chip mid but a few other solid competitors (Cornes, Cassissi, Broadbent, Jonas etc).
Underlines to me that with belief in the right coach, most sides are within 3-4 good players of each other.
Give us Wingard/Wines/Polec instead of our weakest 3 and I reckon we'd have had a bit more run and go, to finish off 3-4 more of our games and in a much happier place in terms of confidence & belief.
FWIW I don't believe there was any great grand plan to them, just a club that's finally got a coach with half a clue, made good decisions with what was in front of them, and maybe been the beneficiary of not being seen as much of a threat at the trade table.
* between Chaplin, Schulz and Matt White Richmond fans must be spewing non stop. and Wingard at 6 is just criminal.

Yep, pretty spot on.

I also think the turnaround is magnified due to the fact that Primus would be fighting it out with Neeld as the worst coach of the modern era. 

But as far as the list goes, they've been drafting well for quite a few years now. Except for Andrew Moore. 

Port by 100 points

I dunno if we’ll win, but geez I’m a lot more confident of a close contest than a lot of you are on here.

I haven’t watched the replay of the Cats game yet, but is there a legitimate issue re Hibberd?

Out: Chapman

In: Monfries