Round 16 Non-Essington Games

he also backed the Pies to beat us.

Yes and the shot clock only works if you can see the time, they couldnā€™t but had a general feel. That was shocking by the Bloos to leave Lewis standing on his own inside the F50.

How hard can it be for umps to use their watch to do it and randomly give them a hurry up, so players canā€™t actively waste time, then slow down their run up even more than usual to use up more precious seconds

Who determines when you get more than the standard 5?

What if you line up for a torp from 60 out then instead decide to chip sideways 15m?

Can that guy also get another 30 secs if heā€™s pretending that heā€™s going to shoot?

The whole thing is farking stupid since thereā€™s no consequence for lying to the umpire about your intentions.

It would be too logical for the rules to simply allow the umpire to blow time on if heā€™s willing to give the player the extra time to line up for a shot.

2 Likes

I would have no problem with umpires blowing time for shots on goal, Iā€™ve been saying it would be a good idea for years. Even then, players would fake to just get a breather. Thereā€™s no perfect solution, and I donā€™t think itā€™s any worse than it was when Lloyd was allowed to spend 45 seconds pulling up his socks.

Two things:

1. the umps canā€™t even count how many metres a player kicks the ball, now you want them to tell the time? Geez, pushing it a bit there.

2. If the opposition are so useless they cannot man up and stop short kicking into or around the 50 then it is their fault, not the time clock.

Should Oliver be in trouble for his response back to the fan who abused him?

Melbourne are top 4?

ā– ā– ā– ā–  me

And
ā– ā– ā– ā–  them and their bandwagon supporters

1 Like

Donā€™t worry, there is no TV reception in the ski lodges, they wouldnā€™t have seen the game

2 Likes

Looked like the fan abused Oliver!

If Oliver responded, itā€™s probably something I would have said anyway, e.g. ā– ā– ā– ā–  you and ā– ā– ā– ā–  the camel you rode into town on.

Abusing FC supporters should be mandatory!

For what he said or for saying something at all?

Was it Damien Martyn?

4 Likes

most phone calls are included in ā€œcapā€ type plans these days, so you could almost say the phone call would be free?

Pannell to the rescue. Deadset matchfixer.

3 Likes

and in reply:

a) from what i can tell, they are already ā– ā– ā– ā–  farting around with their watches. donā€™t know what they are doing but it cant be that hard to monitor this (or get the review umpire to do it discretely in ear) and easier than distance.

b) it has nothing to do with opposition, i agree with you, it was dumb/lazy football. but two players milked the clock for 30 seconds and then started an ultra slow kicking routine to waste more time. it was an even worse look than before, they should have just left it alone or give the umps the discretion to randomly pay a time wasting free if they believe it is exaggerated.

FFS Carlton. Farking useless, you are.

Hopefully Port donā€™t choke from hereā€¦

1 Like

Legit lolā€™ d at that comment

Cheers for the laugh!

1 Like

Eagles percentage back to 100% exactly.

Eat a big old d*ck west Coast you fkn arseholes

3 Likes