Round 16 vs Geelong @ Simonds Stadium - 1pm Sunday 24th July

Shortest and least inspiring match day thread ever, but thanks Crazy Bomber.

People were depressed enough, no need to add to it.

Oh dear, hadn’t caught the result, … a perfect end to a ■■■■■■ football day.

Combined with the seniors' "effort", Is this the lowest day in EFC history?

Thanks for the spoiler alert mate

I know it is difficult for you NN but do please try to keep up.

It should not be too difficult for you assuming you are in Victoria and given I am several timezones away.

And also that my post was made after the game was finished.

So what is your point: do you want Blitzers to crowd-fund a crystal set so you can keep updated with the scores???

FFS.

They added some more to the report since mrjez posted. You’ll all be pleased to note that Nash Holmes attempted to perform a task not seen at EFC this year at any level.

Coach Matthew Egan said all facets of the Bombers game were off against the inform Cats.

“It was a bit of everything to be honest, it was a day where they played well, a lot of the things we tried didn’t work,” Egan said.

“Our kicking execution was off, we just couldn’t seem to get an uncontested mark or create our ball movement. Our work rate to spread was off both ways so we couldn’t get any easy ball outside to attack and got beaten on the outside when we were defending.

“Geelong are a really good side, they transitioned well and spread really hard and used the ball well and are such a high scoring team.”

The coaches were optimistic after an encouraging opening quarter,

“We were in the game at quarter time, I thought we were doing a lot right but it changed pretty quickly,” Egan said.

“I didn’t think we responded when the heat come on, we could have been better at still creating and not dropping off.”

The day wasn’t completely void of positives according to the coach.

“There were a few positives. We changed some things around at half time to try and create something. I thought Simpkin when he went to half back really gave us some run and spread that we needed,” Egan said.

“Nash Holmes played a new role today, he tagged George Horlin-Smith in the second half. George is a very good VFL player so for Nash to do a pretty good job shows he has another string to his bow.

“Vic Carboni looked more comfortable as the game went on, he’s our young 23rd player and showed signs where he is starting to compete and Jacko Merrett was really consistent again, that’s the second game in a row - we know what we’re going to get from him.”

At least it’s not Matty Knights coaching the Geelong VFL now, being out coached by Matty would have added salt to the wound.

Hi guys, just incase you were wondering where Karmabomber went, you can still view his photos on his Instagram

It should not be too difficult for you assuming you are in Victoria and given I am several timezones away.

So what is your point: do you want Blitzers to crowd-fund a crystal set so you can keep updated with the scores???

FFS.

For what it is worth, i was checking out the VFL thread whilst putting the kids to bed, because heaven forbid, Ive got a young family and life doesn’t always revolve around the football.

Picture this - I’ve recorded the game and am looking forward to watching it and some quiet time, maybe a beer after nighty night for the squids, when i come across your cross polinating vitriol.

Take home message, keep your BS to the appropriate thread.

FFS. Douche bag.

FFS.

For what it is worth, i was checking out the VFL thread whilst putting the kids to bed, because heaven forbid, Ive got a young family and life doesn’t always revolve around the football.

Picture this - I’ve recorded the game and am looking forward to watching it and some quiet time, maybe a beer after nighty night for the squids, when i come across your cross polinating vitriol.

Take home message, keep your BS to the appropriate thread.

FFS. Douche bag.

Why log into Blitz at all if you don’t want spoilers? Aside from the afl website it’s the last place on the internet you should be visiting.

No worries Nev. Your take home message is that I better check with you before posting something in a different thread, and whether you have had time to catch up with your reading. God luck with holding all other blitzers to that standard too.

FFS is right. You’re the douchebag here.

What is a douche?
And what is the bag made out of?

I thought the bag was made out of douche …??

Hence the term, … like “Leather” bag.