Round 17 Non Essendon Games

Yes, absolutely amazing effort. Also had time at the 1/4 time break to sign the Middle Eastern peace treaty and find a cure for cancer.

5 Likes

Seems about right. Of course if you add in the three or four first choice players they have missing, talent would have got them over the line.

But that’s the thing, They’ve been gifted depth via the AFL draft so they should be able to cover three or four first choice players.

Don’t underestimate playing a man down since the opening quarter. DeBoer is a potato but the lack of rotations hurts against a quality side.
Giants have plenty missing and I don’t think their depth is fantastic, 8-9 guns and a heap of middle tier players followed by 4-5 utter spuds. Mzungu, DeBoer and Reid shouldn’t be getting games at Brisbane let alone a flag favourite

They had to cull heaps of their depth to accommodate their guns. Once they went back to the same cap as the rest of us they had to make a decision. Guys like Steele, Treloar, Bruce and Marchbank would be walk up starts in that current side

Um, guys, some perspective. He did one actually important thing yesterday… he farked Hawthorn.

2 Likes

Brisbane
Freo
■■■■ Carlton

You could all make yourselves very useful today

1 Like

I actually hate Sydney’s players so much. All else aside they are just a bunch of FIGJAM wankers

2 Likes

Not sure any of those blokes would make the current GWS side. Not if the full current GWS list was available.

Betting on them to screw us over.

That’s why I’m saying “currently”.
With their injuries ATM, all would be playing but had to moved on for salary dump reasons

“First choice” might not have been the right turn of phrase for what I meant. The giants are on second level depth right now. They’re playing Mzungu and DeBoer types instead of guys like Taranto, Hopper, Kennedy because they’re injured. But those guys are already depth fillling in for first choice players like Coniglio, Deledio and Griffen.

Bring in 3-4 depth players for their secondary depth players, and it’s more likely that gws would have won last night. Bring in their actual first choice players and I think gws would have probably won, despite how they played.

Yeah, … I actually think they look a good thing on form, … but being virtually out of the race, I can’t work out if they’ll try or not.

1 Like

Looks like all 70,000 Richmond members turned out today.

3 Likes

TBF it’s at Etihad and their fans refuse to go there.

FFS how on earth did we lose to the rabble that is the Brisbane Lions??

Very similar to our 1st qtr vs Brisbane.

They’ve been god awful and Richmond haven’t punished them

Tigers getting a good run from the umpires I reckon

3 times umpire put the whistle to the mouth to pay a free to Brisbane and decided against it, only to pay 2 free kicks to Richmond for the exact same thing

Come on lions!

1 Like

You can do it Lions!