Round 17 vs Box Hill @ Windy Hill, 2:10pm Saturday 12 August 2017

Hard fought win. Fantastic Bombers.

Awesome updates DJR!
And thanks to all contributors!

Bagged out the team at quarter time.

Chuffed to have lots of egg on my face right now. Great effort.

2 Likes

Absolutely terrific game of football.

I still think Begley would slot right in. Best game I’ve seen Morgan play, he might not end up much but he is on the improve. Mutch prolific and clean. Clarke looks a lot more comfortable kicking it. Francis just has ‘it’ - poise, plays the big moments well, has that extra gear to go to. Redman seemed pretty useful. Draper looked good.

7 Likes

Great result, thanks once again DJR…and others…

I might graph this one for the LOLz.

1 Like
6 Likes

Good to see the umps have conditioned us for what we can expect tonight from Penile & co at Etihad…

2 Likes

Normally go up about Tuesday ish.

Francis gifts Box Hill a goal early in the first quarter: “What’s wrong with this guy??!!”

Francis sets up the winning goal at one end then takes the match saving mark at the other end: “This guy is fkn awesome!!”

I guess we’ve got to take the bad with the good at this point.

2 Likes

F*ck! I thought Francis’ career was over after a bunch of people who don’t watch the VFL said we should delist him.

6 Likes

Great win and we legitimately beat 25. That is one of the most disgracefully officiated games of football I have been to. Dare say the free kick count would’ve been 3:1 in Box Hill’s favour. The stone dead holding the ball free that wasn’t given in the centre of the ground tipped the list. Now I have no voice left for tonight!!

4 Likes

Talking of taking the good with the bad…S McKernan. Can do great things, then looks like someone who’s never seen the game played.

5 Likes

Goals: Younan 4, Boyse 2, Luxford 2, Draper, Hocking, McKernan, Begley, Darby, Davis

Disposals: O’Brien 21, Bird 20

(TV stats say Nobby 28, which sounds about right.)

Stats kid went home at 3QT?

3 Likes

Top job DJR, very enjoyable being able to watch the game on t.v. and follow your thread.

2 Likes

Saw a lot to like about some emerging players there. Excellent game from Mutch. Very midfieldery from him. Redman has composure that looks like it translate to AFL … I like him off HB. Francis has the goods as far as I’m concerned. Begley was every bit the midfield bull in the second. He is clearly going to play midfield/hf. I also think Draper is going to be a very astute selection with a couple more years developing in the vfl.

3 Likes

But, but, but…DJR, you forgot the most important stat!!!
Francis 1 VIM (very important mark) :wink:

Many highlight clips on 7’s twitter. For example:

2 Likes

Crap. I forgot to wake you up for the fourth quarter. Did the baying crowd do that anyway?

1 Like