Round 18 Non Essendon Games

3 in a row for Richmond. GWS have stopped

GWS are gold medalists in downhill skiing.
They just refuse to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. The sooner they realise they can’t win in talent alone the better they will get

Setterfield looks quality.

They are far more inconsistent than most teams. They will play well in patches then sleep for long periods, doing just enough to stay in touch. Generally they come alive with just enough time to win the game.

Putrid game. GWS are front runners and Richmond are Richmond

It wouldn’t be a disaster for us if Richmond won this I reckon.
I still reckon we can win all our remaining games and sneak into top 4. We can still catch Richmond and beat them on percentage of they win today.
Plus GWS will be catchable if they lose today because they’ll only need to lose 2 more and they’ve got some tough ones coming home.

If GWS were to win that would be one less team we could catch

43-23

GWS haven’t kicked a goal in nearly 2 qtrs

■■■■■■■ finally. 43-29

They don’t seem to have a small forward to keep the pressure on, nor a quick rubber off the HBF to rebound from 50 (unless they are on the injury list)

Is this just GWS’ injury list finally hitting them?

In theory all of Williams, Wilson and Shaw should be giving them that half back run, but it’s just not happening.

That said, they traded up the order aggressively last year to get their hands on McGrath, so I guess they think it’s an area they need to address.

Only thing GWS have is an enormous Richmond choke in the last otherwise this game is DONE.

Putrid from GWS. Still not buying into Richmond but my dream for them to fall out of the eight now fairly unlikely.

If they wanted McGrath so desperately they would have traded with us to get our #1 pick

No idea whether that was possible or not, but it seems pretty unlikely they traded up to get Taranto.

Edit: whatever. Maybe they were desperately after Taranto, or just wanted to get ahead of a bid on Setterfield, or a hundred other things. The general scuttlebutt was that they wanted McGrath.

If they win this, my tips say they swap ninth for eighth with West Coast.

(We finish seventh and go to Sydney to play Nicholls Pannell and Fisher.)

GWS have to double their score to win

There’s 1

I haven’t seen the MCG with puddles and mud in years.

1 Like