Round 18 vs Casey Demons Recruits @ Casey Fields - 7pm August 6th

Last week against Coburg, #2 on the ladder Casey amassed almost 500 disposals as a team for the match, lead by Melbourne AFL listed players Ben Kennedy (39 touches), Jack Grimes (39 touches), Clayton Oliver (36 touches) and Ben Newton (34 touches) with Sam Weideman influential.

So its not going to be easy for us, coming off a bye maybe we are a show, and we need to win to stay in the 8.

Where in the world is Casey Fields? For those who have not been there is way out near Cranbourne in the deep south east of Melbourne. See link below.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Cranbourne+VIC+3977/@-38.1235142,145.3023122,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6ad60d8d2eb71c37:0x5045675218ce150!8m2!3d-38.105!4d145.279

Public Transport ? Train to Cranbourne and a long walk , I would definitely not recommend walking back to the station at 10 pm after the game.

I’m in Berlin, and I’m still closer to Melbourne than Casey is.

Weiderman, and Oliver called up to the AFL. So the Casey midfield somewhat weakened . But on our side, Jerret might be selected in the AFL and Polk seems certain to get is 100th game. Against this, both Simkin and Crowley are likely to play in the VFL.

Team named, subject to AFL selections tomorrow 5pm

B. 56. S Michael 84. N Grima 14. J Ashby
HB 77. J Freezer 68. J Ferry 59. A Heppell
C. 48. M Stokes 41. W Hams 27. M Redman
HF 20. J Merrett 67. J Langford 30. K Langford
FF 53. J Simpkin 54. S Grimley 44. S McKERNAN

MF: 37. G Nyuon 78. R Crowley 62. D Coghlan

Int 60. S Heavyside 35. Y Eades 76. N Holmes

1. A Mcleod
  2. A Boyse
  3. J Long
  4. T Wallis 19. S Edwards
    23P 81. V Carboni

I hope Stokesy doesnt have the same attitude as his former Geelong team-mate Bartel as regards playing in the VFL.

Looks like a fairly strong team. Hopefully they put in a better effort than the last game.

I'm in Berlin, and I'm still closer to Melbourne than Casey is.

It’s only August - bit early for the Oktoberfest

I'm in Berlin, and I'm still closer to Melbourne than Casey is.
It's only August - bit early for the Oktoberfest
"From 5th to 7th August the 20th International Berlin Beer Festival is taking place at its traditional area along Karl-Marx-Allee between Strausberger Platz and Frankfurter Tor."

i.e. it’s about 2.2 km long…

Hopefully I’m not rejected as too drunk to travel to Turkey, early on the 8th.

Finally a game in my area. Been looking forward to this…Do they even have a gate to charge people or is it open?

Finally a game in my area. Been looking forward to this...Do they even have a gate to charge people or is it open?

Last time I went there, there was one gate on the southern end of the main grandstand.

The not-geographically-challenged would say the gate is on the western side.

Even if it’s still as in Melbourne, will be blowing a gale at Casey Fields.

I remember a practice match we had against Hawthorn 8 or 9 years ago when Mark Williams, playing for Hawthorn, kicked a goal from the angle and aimed about 25-30m right of the goals. You hardly see it in the AFL due to protection from the stands.

Hodge got reported 3 times for standard Hodge snipes, and got off all 3 charges.

Not televised I’m guessing?

Weather forecast: Cool, Light winds, little chance of rain, cloudy.
Ideal footy conditions on the southern steppes .
Lets hope plenty of Bomber fans can make the arduous trek down south, because the Melbourne fans are mostly at Mt Buller.

If the chips are bad atthe ground, theres a Maccas a short drive away in the main st.

Who will be wasted as the emergency player for the afl this week when they could have used the resting player?

Who will be wasted as the emergency player for the afl this week when they could have used the resting player?

Woosha is probably wanting to rest them anyway, so it should be Langford or Hams or both. If it is Redman it will be a case of WTF???

Not televised I'm guessing?
Not televised I'm guessing?

No VFL games are during the Olympics

Does anyone know if we have any future 2016 potential draftees playing with us over the next few weeks re Brodie at ninthmond?

Does anyone know if we have any future 2016 potential draftees playing with us over the next few weeks re Brodie at ninthmond?

Hurumpf. If we did, would we be spreading the word on social media ?

Been a ok down here. Rugging up for the trip

Would love to go down for this but what a mission it would be.