Round 18 - Western Bulldogs vs Essendon @ ES (20/7/14 @ 4:40pm)

It's been two and a half months since our last meeting with the Bulldogs which resulted in a scrappy 8 point win to us. Safe to say that both teams have improved dramatically since then.

We've already had 'brainfart' games against St Kilda & Melbourne so far this year... we cannot afford to make this a third as it would undo all the good work from the past month.

The Dogs are dangerous... but with the inclusions of Goddard & Hibberd especially, it's a game we should be winning... which probably makes a few of us nervous.

The dreaded Sunday twilight fixture at Etihad... but gives us a full week to recover & the Dogs are returning from tropical Cairns.

Thoughts about this one?

Lets belt them and then we dont have to be ultra-nervous against the swans

Going to be a nervy week I think. 

Salami Cup 2.0

Will be a good contest around the ground but fark our backline is rock solid…can’t see their makeshift forward line kicking a winning score against our backs.

Bontempelli and McRae need some attention.

tough job at the selection table this week.

We have a recent history of flakey performances against lower ranked clubs.

But from now on it will be different. We won’t let this slip.

Go Bombers.

Pig and bj for Jackson and dell

Fkn sunday twilight. Worst fixture

We have a recent history of flakey performances against lower ranked clubs.
But from now on it will be different. We won't let this slip.

Heard this before...

Going to be a nervy week I think. 

Only for the Bulldogs. We are in fine shape. As Timbuk3 said, 'Things are going great and they're only getting better.' Add to that the immortal line from the 3 Stooges, ' We will murderize the bums.'   

We're fkg doomed now.

Pig and bj for Jackson and dell
Fkn sunday twilight. Worst fixture

But it gives the team a seven day break,  That is all I care about!

In: hibberd, Goddard

Out: Dell, jerret

it's a game we should be winning... which probably makes a few of us nervous.

I KNOW RIGHT!? FARKKK

First Koch then Eddie and hopefully Peter Gordon next week

We have a history of lifting and playing great games against the top sides, then playing crap against the bottom sides.

If the boys can carry on their excellent form against the Doggies, I'll concede that they're well and truly on their ways to finals.

Anything less than a 12 goal drubbing and I'm tearing up my membership and eating the lid.

IMO the Footscray game is more defining for EFC than the Pies game.  We've just had two good wins against decent opposition.  Now the question is: have we truly turned the corner as a club and can we stay switched on even against a 'lesser' team, or will we once again allow them to drag us down to their level and then beat us with their experience there?  

My sense (and hope) is that we might have finally developed a different mindset now and we will bring the pressure from the start and sustain it through the game.  If we do, they shouldn't get within 5 goals of us.

IMO the Footscray game is more defining for EFC than the Pies game.  We've just had two good wins against decent opposition.  Now the question is: have we truly turned the corner as a club and can we stay switched on even against a 'lesser' team, or will we once again allow them to drag us down to their level and then beat us with their experience there?  

My sense (and hope) is that we might have finally developed a different mindset now and we will bring the pressure from the start and sustain it through the game.  If we do, they shouldn't get within 5 goals of us.

We will smash them.

MUST WIN! ... no excuses ... smashed the filth now its foot on the throat time .. these are MUST wins.