Round 19 - Elimination Final v Bulldogs

We have it all to play for right now which is why much of that Roos game was so disappointing. We need to bring the right attitude to work hard & play with intent. The Dogs are undermanned, yes, but they will throw the kitchen sink & fight hard to not only dent our chances but keep theirs alive. For me, it matters not who they’ve got out or how they’ve been playing, it’s all about how we approach the game.

Strangely enough, I’ll be more confident in our approach to this game & that of Adelaide than I was with Carlton & Brisbane earlier & I’ll no doubt be nervous going into the Carlton, GC & Freo matches knowing that we “should” win but also knowing that my team is likely thinking the same thing.

It’s up to the individuals & also the leadership of the team to make sure that the mindset is right to approach every game, not certain games & that is part of the evolving maturity of our group.

8 Likes

Over on the Doggies board, they’re saying that Bob Murphy is in doubt this week.

Additionally, Clay Smith was just suspended in the VFL so is ineligible to be brought in as well.

Come on Dons, make a statement this week!

4 Likes

When was the last time we won 4 in a row?

I think it was 2013?

3 Likes

We need his pace off the wing. I think our balance of pace across the ground is the key reason we are having a bit of success. His disposal accuracy is a worry at the moment, I agree.

1 Like

Time to reset that counter… This week.

Would be great to smash the dogs this week.

last time we kicked the premiers out of the next years finals series was 2009.
If we beat the dogs, this will go a long way to ruling out their finals hopes.
It would probably be good for the dogs to miss anyway, get a proper preseason and the hunger back.

2 Likes

Not sure we match up well enough against the Dog to smash them. I’ll be happy with a non-nail biting win (15-20 points).

I’d be happy with any win…

11 Likes

That margin will NOT save my nails !

14 Likes

Yep. Two runs of 6 wins in 2013. Best season we’d had since 2000. We all know what happened to derail that. I’d be interested to know when the last time we had a decent streak of wins in the latter part of the season was though.

2 Likes

2003 i think we went into the bye 5-7 and then won about 7 in a row. We were playing off for top 4 potentially in the last round of the year in a very even top 8 and lost to Collingwood.

2 Likes

Cloke probably comes in to replace Redpath but the dogs don’t have much in the way of tall timber. Is boyd likely to make a surprise reappearance?stringer not available, don’t think Campell is either. English may make an appearance. Not the week to trial 3kpds.

1 Like

It would seem so. Hartley to take Cloke. Who does Hurls run off?

Is tom Boyd injured or out of form in the vfl?

I don’t know what the accepted terminology is. He has mental issues. Depression, I think.

where’s Stewart Crams doing now i thought that they would bring him in

Hip injury. Out for the season.

I really feel for Stewie, but I’m not unhappy that he’s missing this game. His 7 goals against us still burns deeply in my head and heart.

1 Like

That’s right. Completely forgot

Anyone know what’s happened to Dickson? I really used to like him

Fk me we should win this. No tom Boyd, stringer, Dickson, stringer up forward. They will be lucky to kick 12 goals