Round 19 - Elimination Final v Bulldogs

Where does this data come from or are you compiling the data yourself

It’s available on the ipad version of AFL Live app (Matches>Results>Tracker). Not sure about the other versions.

It’s no wonder Hartley and Hurley struggled with Brown. He covered the most territory (16km) and had the 2nd highest average speed (8.8kmh).

He’s a 200cm, 100kg+ running machine.

It might also explain why Ambrose has traditionally done better on him.

8 Likes

Risky kicks by definition are going to fail sometimes, but it’s not always the kicker’s fault. I recall one such instance where a kick inside to Zaharakis (?) split 3 close NM players and found him, but the ball went through his hands.

I agree though that we missed targets way too often and also made too many poor choices, particularly early on. We’ve had plenty of periods like this over the season and I think it’s our achilles heel - a classic Essington symptom.

They are going to go very small and that will be an interesting challenge. I think Cloke will come in as will Dickson. A forward line of Cloke, Dickson, Picken, Dale, Mclean. It’s a different proposition than we have faced recently. It will obviously depend on what pressure we can put on there mids/ball carriers, if we can get them to bring it in slow or dump long to a contest then Hurley should really enjoy himself picking off the entries. With no Adams or Morris they are pretty undersized and inexperienced in defence which in my view is their biggest challenge. Cordy and Wood, do they bring in Roberts as cover?
If we can break even at the contest and work through their pressure we really should win. Speaking to a doggies friend, he believes their pressure has been non existent compared to last year and they just look slow outside the contest. I’m coming in pretty confident this week, certainly more so than last week.

He is a super player, if I was Collingwood or Richmond that would be the man I’d be going after.

You haven’t been watching the Dogs this year if you think that. They have been horrible.

He’s obviously required for team balance.
I think most of us would have liked to have given him two weeks in the magoos two months ago to get his disposal right, but it didn’t happen.
And now there’s no real fixing it this season.

I’m not sure whether I’d be encouraged or disturbed if he were dropped now.

Dickson is spending time in the 2’s finding form. I think it likely he’ll be named this week, given the circumstances.

1 Like

Looks like it is a Telstra exclusive. Farking rubbish

You need to be an AFL Live subscriber ($90-$100pa) or a Telstra mobile customer.

I just bought a $50 Telstra pre-paid SIM for my ipad (which I only use at home on wifi). Unlimited AFL Live access for $50!

I am a live subscriber but not on Telstra

Clever, might try that next year

Telstra exclusive ■■■■■ me

Yeah but most of that is just his run up for set shots!

32 Likes

Didn’t the gps data also say North had covered 3 times more ground to half time or something?

He is wearing red and black.

It’s a worry how safe he is
As much as everyone on here is banging on about adding Rockliff or Martin as inside mids, our depth of outside mids is Morgan, Mutch and Redman. None of them are close to the 22.

1 Like

Mutch is close, but I take your point.

In my opinion 2 of our outside mids are playing as small forwards.

There’s band-aid stuff we could do.
McGrath isn’t going to be a back pocket forever, although obv he seems more in than out.