Round 19 - Elimination Final v Bulldogs

I kept looking to see if Steinberg was on Brown :roll_eyes:

Ahem…ma’am!!

And I think I’m a bit of a glutton for punishment. I watch League Teams with Brereton too! :scream:

'scuse me, ma’am.
I watched League Teams once - about 3 months ago - it was on in the background as I was working. We had a Sunday game. dermie missed our game altogether and they never mentioned the game. I refuse to watch those meatheads.

1 Like

pretty much it.

This week is a toughy in the sense on paper we should go in as favourites cos of said reasons re the dogs.
but if the dogs come out during the week raring to go, trying to pump up their chances and make it a dog fight, pardon the pun, then we are in a better position to turn up.

This is a game however that they won’t be able to switch on during the game, if they turn up like last week or like the brissy game, not switched on from the first bounce to do all the hard yards, then dogs win, pure and simple, they will crucify us on the sloppy turnovers that happen in games like last week.

we will know which essendon turned up in the first 10 mins though, so it won’t take long to see and pick which way the game will go.

3 Likes

Bad luck for the pair of you, Dermie is never going to talk us up, he hates us with a vengeance.

Long may it continue. The players will give zero ■■■■■ that nobody is talking about them. The longer it continues, more’s the better.

I think that speaks volumes about the two different panels. Carey has always been very supportive of Essendon and Tim, well we know where he stands. The other panel all dislike the Bombers quite strongly.

1 Like

Or maybe it’s because we’ve stunk against ■■■■ opposition this year so people don’t trust us? After all, we lost to the worst side in the competition a month ago.

4 Likes

Not even nervous.

8 goal % boosting victory coming up.

6 Likes

Yep, you don’t get talked up on the footy shows if you fall over the line against the second bottom team.

We got plenty of airtime last week following the saints game.

2 Likes

Please please please don’t start the overt positivity in here. I’m convinced that there’s a direct correlation between Blitz confidence and Essington.

12 Likes

Unless you’re Richmond

1 Like

fxd

1 Like

Yep. Our best has been brilliant, right near the top of the pile. Our worst has been equally close to the bottom. And we’re still yet to show any genuine consistency in either.

But I’m cautiously optimistic about this week. We play our best when we are the hunter and I think we will definitely be hunting the Dogs this week.

I’m getting more and more nervous about the game. Realistically I know we can still make finals if we lose this one, most ladder predictors have this as a “L” but still making the 8.

But it would be amazing to beat the reigning premiers. I don’t want the team to be the “catalyst” for yet another “against all odds finals tilt” for the Doggies.

3 Likes

This is the dogs last role of the dice, sure they are undermanned but this is the type of footy they won off the back of a premiership.
Bont needs to be tagged (Heppell) …expect the kitchen sink and more from them, will not be easy by any stretch.

4 Likes

I agree with most of this. But listening to Murphy on SEN and he doesn’t exactly sound like a bloke who’s confident they’ve rediscovered their form. They’re hoping it’ll happen but not sure they either believe or know how to make it happen.

"Premiers Belted By Wooden Spooners" will make a great headline.

JoeDan will run amok, kick 6.

6 Likes

If Ambrose is fit he plays, everyone is forgetting he has been our best defender for the last 18 months.

Hartley out - he gives away too many free kicks and his positioning is very poor

7 Likes

I’m a bit apprehensive changing up a winning formula. Hartley, Hurley, Bags, McG, Kelly, Gleeson have been very solid the past 3 weeks.