Round 19 - Elimination Final v Bulldogs

I would love Green back. Think we missed him this week actually.

1 Like

Did anyone feel that the way Laverde played today was a little like how Langford usually plays?

Out. Laverde, Gleeson.
In. Ambrose, Bird.

1 Like

In: BBB
Out: Lav

Give Lav a chance.

4 Likes

Laverde needs a few more games.
If after that he is not working out, we probably will go back to what last worked well… Green.

Begs, Mutch & Francis would only come in to replace a similar role player, or if finals chances are over.

I agree about his work in packs, getting the ball, and hand passes. But his kicking was deplorable - every one of which (even from marks where he had time) seemed to go to NM players.

2 Likes

Red path will get a week for a jumper punch

Unless his arm was worse that what it seemed, no way Gleeson goes out!

Fridge for Lav would be the only change I’d consider.

Assume Ambrose won’t be ready for senior action for a couple of weeks, but will be playing for Hartley’s spot week in week out

1 Like

Lavende plys his first game fornthe year and wvry one flmes him for not being great. Give him some time for goodness sake. He should get another gasme unless we think we need more passé or a defensive forward. How does Gleeson get dropped or is he injured? He was almost BOG against the saints? Bird comes in as a half forward?

5 Likes

only outs should be Pannel and Fisher

Will win by 8-10 goals

13 Likes

This will be a really tough game. Footscray aren’t as good as last year, but they still play that really high pressure game that smothers their opposition, and the only way to beat it is by playing even more intensely than they do. Which means about 1000% more intensely than we played yesterday.

As for changes, the only non-forced ones I would consider are Ambrose for Hartley and maybe Bird for Heppell, to give him a rest. If Gleeson is not absolutely 100% fit then he will need to be replaced, but it has to be by someone who has pace – it’s pace that sets us apart this year, and we lost some when Laverde replaced Green so we can’t afford to lose any more.

I wouldn’t drop Lav after one game. He needs a couple to get into the rhythm and pace of the team.
Some are a bit hard on Watson. Played well before the rest and yesterday he extracted the ball for us continually. His disposal,was a bit off at times, but that will settle.

1 Like

In: the right mental attitude from the start of the game
Out: complacency

9 Likes

He only had 7 kicks and 2 marks for the game.

He also had 20 handballs, making it 27 disposals. As a comparison Zac had 11 kicks and 22 handballs.

I haven’t seen the game yet but on those stats he appeared to be a major contributor.

1 Like

Lav appears to be suffering the same problem Myers had when he first came back. The game is super fast and he ain’t used to it.

Out: Heartly, Lav
IN: Ambrose, Begely

No changes unless forced. We would be very keen to get Ambrose in but Footscray will play an undersized forward line and it gives Ambrose another game before he comes in to tackle Adelaide. Green not ready so no need to chose b/w him and Laverde and Laverde gets another opportunity.
The bulldogs is a really good test for us, their pressure isn’t anywhere near the level it was at the back end of last year but it will still test us. We need to be able to play against high pressure, contested sides as we push for a finals opportunity. Win this week as I think we will and our belief will grow.

4 Likes

And look at Myers now.

4 Likes

After a second stint in the twos!

How many games did Myers play before getting dropped ?