Round 19 - Elimination Final v Bulldogs

Actually, Myers actually requested to play a few weeks back on the reserves to reset and get his form back. They said it during the game last week.

3 Likes

That wasn’t the question.

Much happier when Jobe handballs this year

1 Like

Just giving you context - Laverde may not ask to go back to the reserves so may play longer before being dropped :stuck_out_tongue:

He got about 6 games, dropped for one then back in and has been ok. Poor yesterday. He is also a 28yo leader not a third year kid coming off a serious injury.

I think they have been pretty harsh on Langford and Laverde should be treated similar.

Your the one that used the Myers comparison, my point is, whoever comes into the side deserves atleast a couple of games to adjust to the speed of the game.

3 Likes

I reckon you may be on to something there.

Tell that to Langford, Francis, Hocking, Bird, McKernan, Dea.

Laverde is not Watson or Goddard he doesn’t deserve the latitude just yet.

Ambrose is our best pure defensive tall, but Hartley is a good kick and has got involved in quite a few offensive chains. Love the work McGrath is doing down back but can we move him to the wing and play a backline with Hartley and Ambrose on the 2 opposition talls and release Hurls to play off his opponent?

4 Likes

Lav needs a few games to warm into things. I wouldn’t be dropping him yet. Yesterday wasn’t exactly a stand out game for anyone really. First three quarters consisted of frustrating bombing kicks out of their inside 50 resulting in turnovers time and time again.

Give Lav the rest of the season and he’ll be prime come finals.

2 consequtive games after returning from a near season ending injury, yea nah cant give that sort of latitude to an up and coming kid.

6 Likes

Our best this year is light years ahead of anything the Dogs have produced. They have been rubbish for weeks - since the bye they’ve been destroyed by all of Swans, Dees, and Adelaide, they handed West Coast a rare interstate win, and they’ve had highly unconvincing wins against North (1 point) and Carlton (played two men day all second half). Yesterday’s win says more about GC than anything else.

If we kick 13 goals or more we’ll be fine, they don’t have the firepower up forward.

4 Likes

which is why some of us before the game said it was a mistake to pick him, this early after returning from an extended period out.

he was great last week, but the opposition was sub par even for vfl standard.
he should not have been picked and given antoher 2 odd weeks to get the feel of vfl pace, then if still performing, picked for the afl.

1 Like

I wasn’t saying otherwise - was replying to someone complaining about his kicking efficiency.

It’s a problem with the new Blitz - whilst the replying to icon is handy, it is easily missed and it can be hard to follow conversations if someone doesn’t choose to quote the post they are replying too.

1 Like

A lot of close-checking teams in that lot.
Other teams have given us the blueprint for beating the Bulldogs.
Allowing them to have some ridiculous amount more uncontested possessions is not it.
Having said that, you’d the think our forward-line would be too much for them. Even if its sixth wheel is a little wonky.

We’ll win this one, the lid will be off all over the media during the week and then we will Essington the Carlton game and go on to beat Adelaide.

You know it will happen.

7 Likes

Hope we win and make the finals/

Would be epic playing melbourne, geelong or tigers at the G in an elimination final

I reckon it’s an elimination final for them. We could still make it after a loss though.

I’m tipping our forward line will be too potent for them. Morris out hurts them a lot too. Smart player and usually does well against us.

I certainly wouldn’t mind finishing 8th and playing Melbourne… that would be some symmetry.

Ambo will need another run in the reserves I’d say.

Did ok by all reports, and the great news is, came through unscathed so the quad must be fully healed this time, but, this one being a tester and warm up, another to get the touch & confidence back will be the likely call.

1 Like