Round 19 - Elimination Final v Bulldogs

Amazing that people are calling for Lav to be dropped. Green was goalless in 3 of his last 5 games. Is it the same people who said Joe should be moved to the backline early last season?
Laverde will take a few weeks but if we make finals he could be vital.

1 Like

These are the threads that remind you of Travis Bickle’s monologue in Taxi Driver, where all the people who failed cuisenaire in Bubs come out to post their opinion.

2 Likes

Must beat the Dogs this week, we can effectively kill their season and win 4 in a row for the first time in years. Lose and we’re just hanging on, win and we’re into this big time. I’m more confident this week, we’ve been better than them, we are better than them and we should win if we turn up. If our midfield turns up we should win, I don’t think Redpath will trouble us much and their backline is nothing to get excited about, especially with Morris out. Just don’t let Johanisen get loose and we should be OK. They have some good players but we’ve been better. Only thing going against us is that Essington tends to turn up on Sundays at Eithad. I reckon we’ll win.

4 Likes

We will definitely win if they don’t turn up, and we do.

3 Likes

Geez I loved Watson’s game yesterday. Tackling with intent. He was crunching north players.

4 Likes

We did beat the Eagles by 61 points on a Sunday there :wink::+1:t2:

1 Like

That’s what I’d be doing for Crows and maybe a few other sides but the 2 talls + Gleeson should match up well against the Dogs who will go in with a pretty short lineup.

So I’m heading down for annual boys footy weekend away (4 x Shitney supporters & 2 of us hard core Bombers) unfortunately I have to sit thru Swans v Hawks Friday night @ G before Sunday’s game. Maybe Hodgey will do something brave😝
I’ve only seen two games live this year (GWS & Shitney - that stung a lot !!) so am praying for a win to keep our September chances alive
Hopefully we can head into the Bulldogs game as the underdogs cos we really struggle against teams we should comfortably beat

I liked Birds efforts against Saints last week & think he deserves a recall
Lav will get another game to get up to AFL pace of the game & I think our forward line is a chance of kicking a big score so long as we improve our I50 delivery on yesterday

GO BOMBERS !!

1 Like

Bird won’t get a recall unless Hepp or Jobe are rested, and even then - they’ll prob bring in Langford b4 Bird. They won’t wanna be too slow vs the Dogs.

Colllllllingwoooood!

4 Likes

He had more tape around his arm than a mummy!
Bird adds extra hardness at the ball, something that was missing from the previous game.

1 Like

There should be a thread named making sure we cement our spot in the 8…and how deep can we go?

Does Laverde matchup better against Bulldogs than Norf?

Must we call this an elimination final?

It’s four points.

1 Like

we can call it a “hate to use the cliche but it’s a classic 8 point game if if ever there was one”…

4 Likes

We should win but this is a massive massive game.

Go pies! We stay in the eight for the week. And let’s stay there for the remaining of the season. Would have liked GWS beating tigers.

Not sure, all I know is Lav is best 22 and if we are going to go deep in finals he needs to be fit and firing.

4 Likes

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk.

BIG GAME

7 Likes

Wow great win by Collingwood really helps our chances, ourselves, and WC have a pretty good run home. The bulldogs and saints run home is harder, if we can win I recon its down to us and WC for 8th.

No changes, depending on work loads, and how players pull up of course.