Round 19 - Elimination Final v Bulldogs

Third game lost to ‘the game plan.’
Okay.
We’d better finish top 4 next year.

It was a shoot out, and we should have won it, could have won it.

The only thing that separated us from that, was their experience playing this style when the pressures on.

Yes, we “went to water” or, as i would say, got an attack of nerves when it was on, we screwed up like we did early in the season again, but we didn’t go into our shells, and didn’t back off, and with a few more like this, we will end up composed in those situations as well, and if we had been today, we were better than them, and they were at their last years best.

1 Like

Weeeeeell, we did have one bloke.
Daniher back was a much better idea.

Our midfield looked better last year ffs

That was awful.

Hurley, Hartley, Gleeson - tackle count - 0

That’s our defence right there.

3 Likes

We just butchered chances. There are a good 3 players who I wouldn’t care if they played again

1 Like

No. It really didn’t.
And I’m saying this in full confidence despite having no idea what your point is.

Serious? He gave away a free…fair enough. Then rubbed his head in the ground and gave away a 50. How was it not his fault?

2 Likes

So did they.
We were actually lucky to be in the game at three quarter time.

1 Like

…and need a clean out of the Marketing & Media Depts. All full of bullsh*t and egomaniacs!!

Hooker rubs a bloke on the head during the week and he is a bully. Hawks and Swans do it and there hereos. What a farking joke.

Essendon had all the play + 4x shots on goal in first 10 minutes of the final qtr and only managed 1.3. There were 3x more gettable shots when the game was in the balance up to the remaining 5x minutes but they only managed 3 behinds. They should have had control at that point. Got to make the opposition pay when the opportunity allows.

1 Like

Oh, sure. The fifty was his fault.
The fifty could have gone the other way though, and it wouldn’t have made a lick of difference.
And I can sort of understand his frustration.

Sorry Jobe, its time to go

4 Likes

If you make a statement like that please name them.

For me Colyer is definitely one of them.
Watson I will not judge this year.

Laverde and Jobe out next week.

What an absolute joke of a game. If clarkson was our coach we’d have won this by 8 goals. Turnovers and missed chances because of our gameplan of fast ball movement against a team who plays the same. Put daniher and stewart deep, play hooker loose back and exploit their poor key defenders whilst slowing up their ball movement into the forward half. Instead we play our gameplan, turn the ball over and get 70% of our goals conceded within 2-3 kicks of it being in our f50. Absolute joke.

4 Likes

You should coach I recon mate…

1 Like

One goal in it and Hurley turns it over with a shocking kick.
He was very ordinary today
Lav?!?!
Myers kicking is terrible and supposed to be his weapon
Hooker makes your head explode

Parish had his best game I though
Joe should have kicked 8 but hard to complain

1 Like