Round 19 non Essendon games

You know the game is boring and predictable when the comms just spend the whole time talking amongst themselves and congratulate themselves on how smart they are.

1 Like

The Suns are littered with really talented players that will be forgotten in the pages of AFL history because they were drafted to that Bermuda Triangle of an organisation.

5 Likes

Useless ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

The suns play some out and out dumb football

Dangerfieldā€™s tackle on Kruezer would get anyone else a week. Certain he will get off though.

1 Like

Richmond are effective at what they do, they scrap with zero flair (save the explosive Dusty) often do just enough to get wins on the board, rarely kick scores and ultimately look like a much better version of Carlton. Pretty damn ugly to watch.

Thereā€™s a lot of work to be done at Essendon but I like the way weā€™re going about it. I hope we get them in a final in a year or two and monster them with a massive score. A lot can happen in a year or two but Richmond are pretty one dimensional, I reckon weā€™re a better chance at a flag in the next couple of years.

3 Likes

I reckon the cheering in the GCs home games are recorded to make crowd seem bigger.

MIcā€™s amongst the cheer squad feeding into the PA around the ground and amplified Iā€™ve thought.

I had headphones on watching on an iPad and could hear everything. Some of the comments earlier in the game by a typically angry Richmond feral chiming in at times were great listening. In fact Iā€™d rather pay money for those recordings than listen to any Powderfinger album ever.

1 Like

Did kruzer play out the game?That will be the only thing that might save him. Ball was long gone, oinned his arms and drove him head first into the turf.

Should get at least a week for that

That would cause a feedback loop. But you could just play back previous recordings, and Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s been done.

Kruezer didnā€™t come back on. All the Channel 7 commentators reckon he will be right off the back of listening to Lingy who said Dangerfield was blindsided and couldnā€™t see where the ball was. For me it makes no difference as he had his arms pinned and drove him into the ground which resulted in a concussion. These days its the outcome that drives the suspension. Reading the AFLā€™s guidelines on dangerous tackles he is clearly gone - but as we know all too well the AFL makes ā– ā– ā– ā–  up as they go to suit their agenda.

3 Likes

Iā€™d wondered about that, and thought that with modern DAWā€™s a delay of even .5 secs would solve that??

Effectively playing a recording then, as you say.

I know a couple of GC ā€˜fansā€™:
A not-so-close pom with no local soccer team in north nsw, an ageing ex-pat GC American, and my neighbour (long ex-Vic) who was once a Collingwood fan. Born and bred fans are a generation off, at least

If we work out that Harts can just boot the ball 80 metres over Carlton and Richmonds zone into space for Tippa and Raz to run on to weā€™ll smash blues and tiges for years to come.

Say what you want about Ross Lyon, but his press conference answers are always some of the best.

3 Likes

Famously chopsticks did just this with a massive barrel, but allthough we also have hurls and myers to do this, it does not seem to be in our playbook

It would still feedback, mate. The loop is recording ambient / amplifying / outputting / recording / amplifying / etcā€¦so even if it were delayed, you are effectively amplifying an increasingly amplified source and so on. With stage mics, audience mics, etc, the trick is to ensure the pick up pattern from the mics is outside the speaker range. So on stage, for example, the speakers are placed forward of the microphone pick up pattern (and/or above). The way to do it with a crowd at a game is pretty simple, actually - you just have the pick up mics nowhere near the speakers - a ground is so big that it wouldnā€™t be a problem. Youā€™d be amplifying a different section of the ground. Eg; record PosA, send to PosC, Record PosB send to PosD - fill up the ground nicely.

1 Like

I love his disdain.

1 Like

Geelong play Sydney next week? Interesting. I canā€™t see them banning both FRANKLIN! and Dangerfield from the same game.