Round 2 2017 Non Essendon Games

Technically not “home” yet, still need Port and the Dragons to win.
Wasn’t going to come over next weekend but might head over now lol

1 Like

In the bag. Dragons have won, surely Freo can’t win (hope I haven’t jinxed it).

Carlton played to their absolute peak and still lost by 4 goals. Freo are utter ■■■■■

RIP Ross Lyon

I went, it was awful. Think I need to have a cleanse.

1 Like

What the hell has Ross Lyon done to Freo?

It shows that maybe, just maybe Harvs had built a reasonable list and Lyon took them to the top after inheriting something decent. Lyon couldn’t rebuild the Saints so let’s see if he can at Freo.

So where is everyone meeting you? I say holliava or corner.

Ironically Brad Hill has been on of their best players this year. The rest are utter garbage.

89 points, ugly

They don’t turn around their season and with Sandi/Mundy/Johnson all done or near to you’d think Fyfe is gonski

Showdown next week will be huge. Both teams in red hot form.

Good time for us to get the Crows in round 4. Historically both sides are vulnerable in the week following the showdown.

2 Likes

K Hagdorn reckons Collingwood have been in contact with R Lyon.

That is so perfect.

I hope we are in the ears of all their players this week.

Edit: Not all their palyers

I could live with Lyon getting pies fans’ hopes up and then leaving their list a total wreck.

2 Likes

Hagdorn is a **** but he does get it right more often than not. Not sure if he’s right or wrong in this instance but Lyon signed a long tern deal only last year.

I can’t lose when Geelong and North play.

6 Likes

I honestly thought Freo were tanking last year. It appears that I am wrong and they really are ■■■■■■.

1 Like

Lyon point blank said he’s going to start playing the kids again after today’s loss, so the white flag is up and waving for Freo again after two rounds.

He also claimed to have zero say whatsoever about who gets taken at drafting time. I struggle to believe that.

1 Like

Reckon it will fall in this order

1. Eade
  2. Buckley
  3. Lyon- although he will jump before he gets pushed like he did at St Kilda.

GC is just a bit of a soulless place isn’t it? I mean kids go up there for a party and good time, ■■■■ off and leave without a second thought after the party’s done. I used to think that being at GC it would be a much better place to attract young talent but really it’s proven to be a big distraction and has negatively affected the culture at the footy club IMO.

1 Like