The gold coast is 50% retirees.
25% pingas
25% ■■■■.

3 Likes

SPP is gonna be some player.

4 Likes

Lyon got a contract extension last year tieing him to Freo to 2020

So basically he was saying he is on board for a rebuild

Would be some kind of a shock to pack it in with Freo now. That said he has shown he isn’t really one to want to be at clubs whilst in rebuild mode, and basically Pies have done a lot of that already with Bucks post MM.

Everyone had someone they hoped would slip to our second pick. He was mine. We still need a bull like that.

1 Like

That’s what I love about Lyon, zero ■■■■■ given about how the media view them.

2 games in, nope these guys are hopeless on to the next year planning.

I wouldn’t be surprise if he offloaded picks again to change the list over faster.

Fyfe would be packing his bags already, he ain’t staying at that rabble

12 Likes

What a bunch of ****** — the Salvos explicitly ask for ‘quality used clothing’, not stuff they have to take to the tip.

4 Likes

"There’s only so much below.

"We haven’t got 20 first-round draft picks sitting there.

"Over the last few weeks Peel (Thunder) have been okay.

"Is Griffin Logue ready? Probably not.

"Harley Balic’s finally put three weeks together, so we’ll look at him.

Gee those guys must be filled with confidence. Lyon basically saying he doesn’t want to play any of them but he has too because they are getting thrashed every week.

It’s a tough balance between being refreshingly honest, and getting a lot of people offside with ‘too much’ honesty. I imagine it can’t be nice for the Freo supporters or the mature-aged players to hear two games into the season that 2017 is done and dusted and it’s all about playing the kids from here on in. Lyon is publicly talking about a 4-year rebuild and, based on precedent, i think it’s a little risky to just announce that so openly as it tends to alienate the older players and cause a cultural sense of hopelessness and misery at the clubs that are publicly committed to long-term, wholesale rebuilds - Richmond, Melbourne and Carlton are all high-profile examples of clubs that have publicly gone out and committed to 3-5 year rebuild plans, and they’ve all failed dismally. I think the only club that’s pulled off the publicly announced long-term, wholesale rebuild and turned it into success is Clarkson at Hawthorn?

Lyon would be a good fit at the Gold Coast. Very talented list with no spine but enough talent to take them to the next level. He burst St Kilda, no reason he won’t burn the Dockers.

I reckon Eade will get sacked first, but there is more of a stink about Freo in terms of their list and also style of play. I don’t think Lyon is going to change his footballing principles, and given how out dated their game plan looks, they are massive alarm bells for the Dockers. He is locked in until 2020, so if Freo decide to fire him it faces a sizeable payout of that contract. What would he be on, $800K a year? The problem is they didn’t really clear the decks in the post-season, moreso they added B.Hill, Kersten, McCarthy, Hamling and also banked on Sandi and Fyfe returning to full fitness and form and expecting to make a swift rise back up the ladder. Those decisions might hamper a rebuild attempt, especially if any of those incoming quartet are on long contracts or inflated $$$.

Fyfe walking would be bad from a fan and PR perspective but if they finish last and let him go via FA they will certainly have possession of the top 2 picks in the draft. A nice hand to kick-start a talent influx, then you’ve got to try and sell off any other appealing assets for draft picks and get a real good look at it. Question is, is Ross Lyon up for that task? And secondly, has the game passed him by? Big questions…

1 Like

Not sure about Buckley. Although his team is yet to register a win, they’re losing ok if that makes sense. Lyon would have to be in this position next year as well for management to move on him but I suspect you’re right in saying he would leave before being pushed.

1 Like

How times change.

In an article in the HUN this morning, apparently GAJ was complaining during the game that the other mids were not blocking for him. One of his team-mates apparently said to him “why dont you block for us for a change” Ouch. I would not be surprised if Garrys stats were 50% down, because they have stopped handpassing to him.

Fruit of the AFL rotting from the inside.

1 Like

THE SOBERING STATISTIC

Two games down, 20 to go. Of course it’s too early to be making sweeping judgments about how various teams will end up this season. But you can’t ignore the danger signs. Or history. Which for those still to break their duck in 2017, is alarming indeed.

Since 2008, 45 teams have gone 0-2. One of them, yes, just one, has gone on to be part of that September. That was Sydney, which not only overcame two losses to open 2014, but finished on top of the ladder and lost a grand final to Hawthorn.

Oh please, let this continue!

5 Likes

Hate that we have a 23 round season when statistically you are most likely screwed after 2.

1 Like

Yes, that would do nicely, … as long as Ninthmond, is 9thmond …

1 Like

Treloar wastes the ball by foot - He’s unable to hit the 'money kick to forwards inside the forward 50 - Defensively he’s a lazy player - He cost Collingwood two top 10 picks - He nearly cost as much as Dangerfield in trade terms - And these two are classes apart.

Mitchell was not over-priced - Cost Hawthorn pick 14 and was low-balled big time by the Swans.

That free kick to Horlin Smith was out of context in how the match was umpired - We would be ropeable if this happened to EFC.

Collingwood have about 18 problems before treloar.

1 Like