Round 2 2018 Non Essendon Games

Danger is the umpires pet. Holding the ball

Gotta begrudgingly agree with that. There was a blatant throw missed by Duray but the Cats really had the rub of the green for some jaw dropping decisions.

It was the ideal time to pay it against the prick.

Cracking game

Cats had helicoptered about 3 kicks fwd in last minute that cost them a chance to score

They won the game they probably shouldn’t have last week. And Hawks had their measure most of game today so didnt deserve to win that one really.

That was the most obvious cheating umpiring I have ever witnessed. The non holding the ball calls on Dangerfield were a disgrace

3 Likes

Or the one paid against Rioli for HTB. Absolute cheating.

You’d be hard pressed to watch a better* game this season, not a great standard but the 80’s like scoreline was awesome.

Edit. *umm okay, exciting.

1 Like

I see the problem there…

They’re at least one man short.

1 Like

A real ripper. A classic game from go to whoa. Scott lost it with his match up on Roughy ,Guthrie the younger just totally outclassed. Dawks fully deserved the win after they lost Burgoyne early, and the uhm creative chumpiring bias in favour of the Cats.

That last 5 min was a disgrace

Games in the last two days have raised the overall standard of play in the first two rounds - The standard can only get better from now on.

1 Like

and we’ll do it again too.

1 Like

I’m not sure if umpires take thirds of the ground but there were some poor decisions made in the Hawthorn forward line in that last quarter. There were a few howlers made in general but that was where the majority were made in error. I’d have been ropable if that were us and we ended up losing.

The Rioli HTB is the worst umpiring decision I can remember outside a couple of deliberate OOB prior to the AFL paying everything

3 Likes

Oh the heady days last year of deliberate out of bounce. Makes me wonder if it’s still even in the rule book? Oh yeah, they threw that one out twenty odd years ago so umpires could concentrate on interpretation. Kinda like interpreting modern art, no rules, symbolism man and the vibe.

1 Like

Heffsgirl I can’t deny that your potty mouth is one of the reasons I have this crush, but I quite like Chris Scott the coach as he seems honest and has some good insights.
I realise that since Hugh Heff passed on to that giant orgy in the sky it’s tough for a hot single playbunny like yourself. As a 3 foot tall rodent with the morals of a koala bear and a tendency to leave large amounts of hair on the good sofa, I will always be here for you, but I worry that we’re not quite the people we appear to be.

1 Like