Round 2 Dons V Dees 2nd April 2:10pm - MCG

Another flogging coming up.

Have to play Melbourne home game at MCG, thanks EFC.

Hogan to kick 6.

Only 3 years ago we beat them in this round by 148. Feels like 10 years.

Well, the Dee's are going for 5 straight, were lucky to get over line against an inaccurate Giants team and could very well be due for a loss. Of course, that statement says nothing about Essendon's 'potential'. That's the optimistic view. And then there's facts ...

They’ve only won the one game, not five, and that was at home by 2 points against rubbish opposition who couldn’t kick straight.

I'm sure the coaches will back their round 1 structure in again and give Paddy another go as a KPD and Mckernan another go as a KPF (even if I believe Hartley should be in). Only change would be Fantasia in hopefully at the expense of Cooney.

Fanta didn’t even play in the 2s on weekend.

Missed due to mild concussion. Not suffering any injury and is fit and raring to go
I'm sure the coaches will back their round 1 structure in again and give Paddy another go as a KPD and Mckernan another go as a KPF (even if I believe Hartley should be in). Only change would be Fantasia in hopefully at the expense of Cooney.

Fanta didn’t even play in the 2s on weekend.

OUT: Ambrose Cooney
IN: Hartley Kommer Edwards Francis Laverde

Anyone know what happened to Orazio??

No changes.

If we’re going to learn something about everyone this season, we might as well give them a chance.

Out: ambrose, cooney,simpkin
In: hartley,edwards,kommer

Ya just know ■■■■ will get another chance. Dont want it…but he will

Laverde & hartley for ambrose and simpkin probably

What do the VFL watchers think after the flogging the twos copped?

Ya just know ■■■■ will get another chance. Dont want it...but he will

Laverde & hartley for ambrose and simpkin probably

Laverde would have played yesterday had his match fitness been right. Odds on for next week.

And I’m not sure Hartley is the man for Hogan. Ambrose may get another run just for match up reasons. Who knows.

Woosha said on BomberRadio Laverde would likely need two games in the VFL.

What do the VFL watchers think after the flogging the twos copped?

I’m not a VFL watcher, but from their reviews, Long is the answer. Quick, smart, good skills.

Another flogging coming up.
Thanks for the thread. At least you're enthusiastic about being unenthusiastic.

Last year and this week we had a problem with undersized key defenders and older slower guys in the middle.

Maybe we could try some selection moves slightly contrary to that.

Worst part if we lose will be the toff flogs carrying on like they’ve won the flag

Having watched the VFL…but without banging the table on these thoughts:

1. Hartley was my highest rated tall defender, no issues with him coming back in.
  2. Mckenna caught my eye a bit, he is fit enough, just the rookie rules always escape me…
  3. Hams is also fit enough to play a full game, but rookie rules to consider, and would you really replace a Simpkin with a rookie after one game only?
  4. Eades got balls on the rebound, without having teammates to link up with, so they rarely turned into goals…I think I missed some of his touches…too soon?
  5. Francis & Laverde were both actively involved early, but quietened later, so probably not ready quite fitness wise…but soon…
  6. Long just made a couple of clangers that stuck with me, and again rookie rules to consider…probably not for me, but acknowledging that Saladin may have seen more of his game…
  7. Edwards didn’t do anything to break open the game, which is normally why you would consider him…does not deserve promotion…
  8. Morgan was crunched backing into a pack early, returned, but a bit sloppy with disposal, so probably not…
  9. Kommer chased, stood marks, dished out and received tackles, but didn’t hit the scoreboard…so not for me…
  10. Grimley…forgot him…was handy in the ruck, better than Gach IMO…negligible contested marks, but some late shots on goal from uncontested leads to an open pocket…I would consider him…

So, IMO, consider Hartley…maybe Grimley for another tall…maybe Mckenna/Hams for smalls, if willing to pull the rookie trigger…maybe Laverde or in one more week.

(*I never planned to make such a long-winded post, it just evolved)

OUT: Ambrose Cooney IN: Hartley Kommer Edwards Francis Laverde

Anyone know what happened to Orazio??

Orazio was concussed in an accidental collision with Ambrose at training during the week. Sauce: Orazio when I spoke to him at the VFL yesterday. Lovely and polite young man.

Having watched the VFL...but without banging the table on these thoughts: 1. Hartley was my highest rated tall defender, no issues with him coming back in. 2. Mckenna caught my eye a bit, he is fit enough, just the rookie rules always escape me... 3. Hams is also fit enough to play a full game, but rookie rules to consider, and would you really replace a Simpkin with a rookie after one game only? 4. Eades got balls on the rebound, without having teammates to link up with, so they rarely turned into goals...I think I missed some of his touches...too soon? 4. Francis & Laverde were both actively involved early, but quietened later, so probably not ready quite fitness wise...but soon... 5. Long just made a couple of clangers that stuck with me, and again rookie rules to consider...probably not for me, but acknowledging that Saladin may have seen more of his game... 6. Edwards didn't do anything to break open the game, which is normally why you would consider him...does not deserve promotion... 7. Morgan was crunched backing into a pack early, returned, but a bit sloppy with disposal, so probably not... 8. Kommer chased, stood marks, dished out and received tackles, but didn't hit the scoreboard...so not for me... 9. Grimley...forgot him...was handy in the ruck, better than Gach IMO...negligible contested marks, but some late shots on goal from uncontested leads to an open pocket...I would consider him...

So, IMO, consider Hartley…maybe Grimley for another tall…maybe Mckenna/Hams for smalls, if willing to pull the rookie trigger…maybe Laverde or in one more week.

(*I never planned to make such a long-winded post, it just evolved)

They have a way of doing that …

I think it’s time to pull out this video pre-game…

Have the guys breathing fire just before the bounce !