Round 2 Essendon vs Brisbane - build-up

Yep…lot of weird Monday football in 2000

I would be happy of any of the following guys as ins to replace Green
Brown - would add flexibility - forward/back could play Hurley forward :slight_smile:
Bellchambers - could play forward / second ruck
Jake Long - could play small forward, just replace Green
Howlett - solid body to play forward/mid help if wet.
McKenna - Bring in as a defender and send McGrath Forward given it took him 1 game to nail defence.
Bird/Hocking - could come in to tag Someone.

1 Like

Dons by 74 because Kozza.

1 Like

LIKE this, how’s jakey gone in the vfl? Def add some speeeed…

Sometimes after a cyclone crosses the coast it turns into a “rain depression” gradually moves south and dumps huge amount of rain down the coast. Sometimes the Brisbane area is effected by strong winds and rain, but by the time the depression reaches Brisbane it has lost a lot of its moisture and strength.

This will be the case as shown in the forecast below:

They forecast that on Saturday, the low will be centred offshore of Brisbane, but only a 40% chance of rain.

2 Likes

Thanks Lavinia.

20 Likes

yes it was. I remember moorcroft kicked a goal while laying flat on his back as well (might have been the same quarter as bewicks goal)

1 Like

Back to you, Tony

3 Likes

Ah, ■■■■, it’s Stanton’s 250th. Backing up an emotional win interstate against a bad team in a milestone game? It’s a quadruple threat.

3 Likes

remember fletch’s 400.

this has big fat L written all over it.

1 Like

Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

can saturday get here already.

haven’t been so keen for the footy in years.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can’t remember the last milestone game we won.
Oh hang on - that’s right…it was a few days ago.

3 Likes

I think you need to reward form in the 2’s. From the sounds of it, Howlett was BOG. He’s a fwd/mid, which fits our structure. Going to be very surprised if anyone else comes in for Green.

Edit: my username May or May not influence my opinion

8 Likes

Smacks 50th? Doesn’t get a lot bigger.

6 Likes

We also lost our last game against Brisbane. I wonder which irrelevant fact will make the most difference.

1 Like

I’d hazard a guess that it will have absolutely nothing to do with milestones or whether we won or lost the last game to Brisbane, but maybe how well we play and counter them. I may be wrong, however.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion. In the future I’ll make sure that my lighthearted posts are tagged as such to save you the hassle of refuting them.

Ta. Hey - was that one lighthearted? Was I supposed to respond?
I’m so confused now.

I WILL BE THERE AND YELLING.

5 Likes

I’m tipping Chris-64 is more of a Jane man

1 Like