Round 2 Essendon vs Brisbane - build-up

Very much this. Howlett gets most of Zaka’s mid time and in turn, he stays forward more.

2 Likes

FINISH THEM

1 Like

That time of the month again for deckham he gets a little sensitive.

1 Like

Bobcat

So underrated

If they don’t bring him in, he’ll have another smashing game at VFL level and make the coaches look silly for not picking him.

4 Likes

Would you also say the winner will likely be the one who kicks more goals?

2 Likes

No, I don’t think that will be the teller.
I believe it may be the team that ends up with the most points.
I may be wrong…

4 Likes

It’ll be like the days when the Romans threw people to the lions except It’ll be the lions getting thrown to us…

… I don’t know if that metaphor works, actually.

3 Likes

Intriguing.

Essendon (as opposed to Essington) by 28 is my prediction, a slog early, followed by us outscoring them in the second half.

Regardless of the result, I’ve enjoyed the build up to the game. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited prior to the weekend. It’s all that is on my mind.

1 Like

with all the continued howlett talk in here, team selection will be even more interesting this week I reckon.
If he doesn’t get picked, i hope it indicates ( from hepps talk to mcgrath pre match) that there are more defined and designated roles come match day.

Green Is a designated, solely forward player and he did a couple of nice smart things on the weekend, which is what we need to be finding from the likes of Redman, maybe francis, or a long or someone else.

Howlett is a midfielder who can rest forward, and we already have Watson, heppell, parish who are ahead of him going to be doing that come the weekend.
Zaka is in the same boat, he is a midfeidler who can rest up in the forwardline, neither are dedicated forwards, and neither should be played as such.

1 Like

Latest forecast, 8 pm Wednesday shows 30% chance of a shower in Brisbane on the Saturday. But it will rin tommorrow. No doubt the ground has good drainage ,

Lavinia will do me just fine thanks Ivan.

2 Likes

I still have no reason to believe otherwise.

In fact - I think it will be a 60+ point win.

3 Likes

No love for Jane Bunn?

1 Like

Jane “two large warm masses converging” Bunn.

3 Likes

Our only loss in the last three games was against the premiers for 2016. Lions have only won one of their last three but are coming off a win.

We are up and about and should start slowly then come home strong to win by over 25 leaving Debbie and Essendon to have both done Brisbane in the one week.

Howlett is a goal kicking midfielder (just not often enough of either of those things) he’s the most obvious replacement for Green there is.

6 Likes

Heard a rumour that some Melbourne Blitzers were going to be at the German Club on Saturday night.

2 Likes

Bombers will win. We will run all over then in the second half. They won’t get the jump on another team like they last week. Essendon still feel they have a lot to prove to the doubters, many of them i here.

2 Likes

If it was watson out, and howlett was in as good a form as some claiming, then yep i’d agree.

I’d actually hope, if they could promote long and try him forward. I get people need to feel comfortable with picking older players, just cos it’s safe, even despite the lack of success with said players, but now surely is the time to build with youth as much as possible.

For the same reason i wouldn’t pick “bigger” bodies just for the sake of it. what are you gonna do, pick “bigger bodies” at the expense of better quality players just cos. no better ways to teach them how to prepare and play in the wet, than you know making them play in the wet

I feel comfortable with us picking the players who are the best chance of winning us the game. Don’t give a toss if they’re young or old.

12 Likes