Round 2 Essendon vs Brisbane - build-up

11 Likes

Smack is short. Don’t make any real ruckmen take the flight.

(Joe D can sit up the front, unless he takes an arc to the right as he enters.)

I would bring in Howlett for Green (if inured) plus I would be inclined to give Pigeon a job on Rich to tag him out. Would be another good learning curve for a young bloke.

2 Likes

They have a better ruckman and substantially better inside mids than Hawthorn.

This will be a tougher match to get on top in the middle.

3 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, Woosha is going to make Essington disappear. Even if we see it on occasion, I think that sightings will grow further apart and rare as the species goes on the endangered list.

Yeah, for maybe Langford.

Who the hell knows what will happen. Until Essington is invoked there is the propspect that we will only see Essendon. I’m keeping the dream alive.

Geez have faith. So so many wise heads around the club now. They won’t get ahead of themselves. The lads will put in a professional performance this week and we will get the 4 points against the lions.

2 Likes

I haven’t been confident about an Essendon game for well over a decade. Can’t see any reason to alter my beliefs this week.
Should win, should win well, but no surprise if Essendon are crap.
Essington mode is never far away.

Their top inside mids won’t play in the middle all game, they will have to rotate with their lack of depth midfielders which is where we will burn them out. Plus their back and fwd 50 are shithouse (as in lack of experience and very young kids on both ends). Lions will get REKTTT

1 Like

Bets on how many Essington references in this thread before Saturday night.

2 Likes

if 2009 taught me anything we can thump the flag favourites and lose to the spooners.

3 Likes

We have Brisbane, Carlton and Freo twice. Add in GC and Nth. That’s 8 games that to be honest if we don’t win we don’t deserve to play finals.

3 wins from the other 13 games to get to 12.

5 Likes

Howlett for Green (if not fit)

Would consider Belly too but no idea who makes way for him.

If we can follow up a good performance by putting a crap team to the sword then we’re a whole new team. Fingers crossed.

7 Likes

Stef Martin plays like a big midfielder rather than a beanpole knock ruckman. Smack does the same, so he should be able to at least nullify Martin around the ground.

Would be a fair feat to lose to ourselves.

1 Like

Will be a tough match, completely different conditions to last week.
Won’t mind a scrappy win

You’re all a bunch of lid on pessimists.

It’s ■■■■■■ Brisbane. Dayne Beams is their captain, which tells you everything you need to know about that pathetic club.

Close win my ■■■■, I’m tipping 140 to 60 percentage booster coming up. One of Hooker or Joe to kick a bag of 6+. Stallion needs to stock up on dunny paper in preparation.

10 Likes

Yep - happy to take the W no matter how we get it this week; and there’s a fair chance it could be a bit of an ugly slog. Just one of those games where you want to go there, do the job, and get the fk out of there