Round 2 Essendon vs Brisbane - build-up

If not raining, would bring in Bellchambers to ruck with McKernan.
Green would be very stiff, but would probably be the guy I’d leave out.
Stef Martin v McKernan is the only reason this may not be a regulation (big) win.

If likely to rain then unchanged.

No doubt this week will be a bit of a let-down, but we should still easily come away with 4 points.

Enter 2012.

1 Like

Does Langford stay in / out or Green. My guess no change - given Woosha stated the starting 6 could be there for a while hypothetically

I’ll take a fall over the line cluster fk Essington style win this week.

4 Likes

You know the one where we turn on the players and administration for 3 quarters then win.

22 Likes

Yep will take a win even if it’s 2014 style at the Gabba - man that was winning ugly

2 Likes

I’m glad Brisbane won, they can relax for the rest of the season now.

It’s a crap stat, but interesting that Bris were the worst team in round one for disposal eff at 65.5%. Versus us at 76.6% (6th). I think we can kill them on the outside

Take out their 4 guns and our VFL side would nearly beat them. Its a bunch of kids who were mostly taken in the second round or greater. I think Hipwood and Rich are their only first round players left. They are terrible.

B Nick Robertson, Darcy Gardiner, Ryan Lester
HB Sam Mayes, Harris Andrews, Tom Cutler
C Dayne Zorko, Mitch Robinson, Rohan Bewick
HF Lewis Taylor, Eric Hipwood, Tom Bell
F Jake Barrett, Michael Close, Daniel McStay
FOL Stefan Martin, Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff
I/C Ben Keays, Ryan Harwood, Ryan Bastinac, Daniel Rich

1 Like

% booster
40+ point win coming up

3 Likes

That game is permanently etched in my memory. The worst win I’ve ever seen, narrowly beating out the win the week before against the bulldogs. Rancid football.

1 Like

Yep - that month from having our pants pulled down by StKilda to the Brisbane ugly win was a ■■■■■■ difficult month to watch

Completely with stallion. Do not give 2 fks how we win, just win

2 Likes

Likely to be dewy and greasy - no need to go too tall

If we can’t beat Brisbane we don’t deserve to crawl out of the bottom 4 let alone think of the 8.

Even playing up there.

Only a scrappy game in the wet which turns it into a bit of a lottery would change my mind.

I really don’t want to make any changes but we are going to need a better ruckman against Stef than we did against the Hawks. Particularly with Rockliff / Beams mopping up below. McK is good but he doesn’t have the vertical leap to match it with Stef.

I’d go Belly in and Langers out.

The biggest advantage the Lions have going into this game is they dont have Tyrone Vickery playing for them

24 Likes

McKernan is the same height as Martin. And one of Smacks main attributes is his vertical leap

From 2008 draft camp…

Standing Vertical Jump (cm's)
  1. Nicholas Naitanui - 78cm
  2. Shaun McKernan – 74cm
4 Likes

Yeah but you know, Mitch “no neck” Robinson

Talk of leaving Green out is pure ignorance.

6 Likes