Round 2 vs St Kilda - the morbid speculation thread

Now or never!

Will the real Essendon please stand up!!

It’s round 2 and it already seems like the season is on the line

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

They will.

ESSINGTON

9 Likes

That was the easiest comedic set up ever.

1 Like

No changes for mine

6 Likes

No Daniher or Carlisle… so that removes the chances of that match highlight.

2 Likes

Jade Gresham - 5 goals?

Gresham is an ok player.

It will be more like Josh Bruce 8 goals

Or Membrey.

2 Likes

“Victory or Cannon”

1 Like

Our fitness level is at an unacceptable level for late March. We can’t turn this around within a week. It’ll take 6-8 weeks to turn it all around.

This will gives us a good idea of how our defenders are in 2019, they will all have favourable matchups against Bruce, Membry and Battle which will suit Francis, Hurley and Ambrose particularly well. If we can’t stymie the Saints forwards then panic stations can be assumed

2 Likes

Draper for Bellchambers, he will play against a young St Kilda ruckman in Pierce, lets see how he goes.
Zerk >>> Ambrose, Brown, McKernan lets start now
Clarke & Parish for Myers & Bags
Laverde for Zaharakis

8 Likes

A witches hat for zaka would be an improvement, would show more hardness too

6 Likes

This isn’t for you Jono, just a rant/rhetorical question but how the fark does a fully professional football club that has been doing the same thing for year after year not get players to the required level of fitness to compete? ONE JOB. Fark me, they are all paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to get this right. Unfathomable that they could fark this part of it up so badly.

1 Like

Worsfold needs to learn

Parish = mid
Clarke = pure inside mid
Draper = Ruck
Laverde = forward
Langford = forward
Zerk = defender

NOT
Clarke and Parish forward
Langford mid
Draper bench

4 Likes

Zaka was our highest rated player on champion data for most of the match on Sunday!

If you want to go ape on poor performance I would look at Merrett, Myers, Guelfi.

God we got hammered by coniglio, Taranto, Whitfield… It was embarrassing.

4 Likes

We are going to get beat, Worsfold is going to give his generic post match spin, and you are all going to like it.

2 Likes

Two words. Injury. Prevention.

Fitness staff to seem too scared to push players these days. We train soft, we play soft.

2 Likes

Even if we win, I won’t enjoy it because of yesterday.