VFL - Round 2 vs Willy @ Willy, 2pm Saturday 14 April 2018

B: 14. J. Ridley, 36. M. Hartley, 30. B. Zerk-Thatcher
HB: 41. B. McNiece, 29. P. Ambrose, 19. K. Mutch
C: 37. D. Clarke, 77. H. Hocking, 27. M. Redman
HF: 16. J. Begley, 33. J. Laverde, 20. J. Merrett
F: 51. A. Boyse, 44. S. McKernan, 15. J. Green

R: 22. M. Leuenberger, 4. K. Langford, 3. D. Parish

Int: 61. W. Berry, 76. L. Collins, 63. M. Darby, 68. N. Dixon, 38. S. Draper, 35. M. Guelfi, 59. A. Heppell, 57. N. Hind, 24. J. Houlahan, 40. L. Lavender, 39. T. Mynott, 55. D. Younan

23P: 70. J. Sheahan

In: M. Hartley, L. Collins, B. McNiece, P. Ambrose, J. Begley, W. Berry, J. Green, L. Lavender, D. Parish

Out: A. Marklew

3 Likes

Players also named in AFL first 18: Guelfi

Players named in first four on AFL bench: Hartley, Green, Langford, Parish

Players named in last four on AFL bench: Begley, McKernan, Merrett

Note that Myers is not named in this team!

2 Likes

Still no Long

Good to see newLAV named.

5 Likes

See if I can get this right this week: if Myers keeps his AFL spot, then the VFL team loses 4 players. If he doesn’t they lose 5. In either case add one as the legit emergency.

Assuming Myers survived, that leaves the likely VFL players as:

Hocking ©
HepA
Darby
Hind
Younan
23rd man: Sheahan

Hehe… “Willy”…

4 Likes

Slightly annoying Francis isn’t in yet. Hopefully next week.

Maybe all VFL game threads should be suffixed with “NO FRANGA!” until that happens.

1 Like

Pls :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting that Ambrose is coming back is the VFL. Maybe we learnt something with Myers last week.

1 Like

Not sure how we learnt anything about Myers from last week!

He’s still in the seniors.

5 Likes

Yes but you see, he’s just about to come good

1 Like

I think he meant, we learnt not to bring a guy straight back in after a few weeks off. Have a week in the 2’s first.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got that😊

I forgot the sarcastica font

“Winds west to northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h tending north to northwesterly 35 to 50 km/h early in the morning then turning westerly 35 to 55 km/h in the middle of the day.”

Willy gonna willy.

2 Likes

Isn’t Long suspended from the end of last year. Two or three games maybe!

Possibly he still is. I can’t remember how much of the suspension he served last year

Only one I reckon. he got elevated to (theoretically) play the final, which happened between the VFL game and the tribunal.

Yeh. all our players had great games last week. This week its Willy, and this game will sort out which players really are AFL ready

It’s going to be one of those days where tactics plays a big part. Willy on a windy day is never going to be a normal game, and a W-NW will blow straight down the ground. How you cope with a mega flood when kicking with the wind, and how well you mega flood and play keepings off kicking against it will determine who wins.
PS certainly not our strength if history is any guide. I’m thinking games at Casey fields.

1 Like