Round 20 Non-Essendon Games

That’s a bit mean @paddy29, he is only 18 years old, some people handle pain better than others.

I do recall Hirdy shedding a tear or 2 with his foot injury, and he was probably to traumatised re his face injury to shed any tears.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with crying for any reason, wake up to yourself.

4 Likes

Hird was brave because he threw himself head first into contests in his first game back after having his face caved in, not because he didn’t cry.

As if anyone would know if he did cry or not anyway.

Whenever I watch a movie in which a pet dog dies…I cry.

And I’m a cat person.

3 Likes

I think Hird was a little too concussed to show any emotion when his face was caved in

1 Like

What I remember most about that is the reaction from the West Coast supporters near by. It happened just down there in clear view and you could clearly see Hird was severely injured but that didn’t stop a lot of them giving him a send off. Then once it was replayed on the big screens, the rest of the ground started booing him. They support in an unconventional way over here.

3 Likes

All fans of AFL teams are basically the same they just wear different colors.

1 Like

It was disturbing to see the reaction of the West Coast crowd to Gaff. Giving an ovation to a guy who’d just sent someone to hospital is just off. They really are the worst supporters in the league

And then there’s the Sheeds/Hird last game over there where they were all class iirc.

2 Likes

They’re a different breed.

I thought the Hurd facial injury was in a game against Freo and that he acknowledged the help that Freo gave to him and his family when he was recuperating in Perth.

Was against Freo, my mistake but the crowd reaction was accurate.

Fremantle the club acted honourably in the aftermath of Hird’s injury but the crowd’s reaction was anything but.

1 Like

I’ll admit I was wrong. I had no idea at the time regarding the severity of his injuries and in hindsight very poor form by me. I can say your assumptions about me are wrong, but hey can see how it came across quite dickheadish

2 Likes

I hear you - poor form by me, was way off

2 Likes

Fair enough :clap::clap:

The Western Derby - those encounters certainly go up a notch or ten.

1 Like

What was the early consensus when Lloyd hit Sewell on this forum?

1 Like

It was a :100: out of 10!

1 Like