Round 20 vs Nth Ballarat @ Eureka Stadium - 2:30pm Saturday 20th August

Don’t worry: I’m very used to people not getting my jokes! Sometimes I wish I was more slow-witted.

Looks like Alex boyce has come along nicely. Went to school with his sister(same class) and him(2 years below) & his other brother. he played at my local club Doutta Stars before moving to St Bernard’s.

There are no senior players on 5 VFL games. Therefore, assuming no disasters, the following 20 players are available for VFL finals:

McKernan
Redman
Grimley
Eades
Edwards
Merrett
Kommer
Crowley
Michael
Hams
McKenna
Nyuon
Polkinghorne
Simpkin
Francis
Long
Ashby
Jamar
Wallis
Morgan (injured?)

Obvious inclusions from the VFL-listed players include Coghlan, Holmes, HepA, and McNeice. Regular key position players also include Ferry, Freezer and a Langford, competing for any gaps between the six rucks/talls in that AFL list above. Boyse has a bit of a claim too, kicking 3 then 4 goals in his debut fortnight.

Unlike last year, the first round of VFL finals coincides with an AFL bye round. It will therefore be interesting to see what Footscray and Geelong do.

Name your best 22 djr. Assume for the sake of the exercise Francis will not play.

Better done by someone who’s seen them in the last two months…

However, I was surprised by the exercise above showing how we have shared the AFL/VFL games over the squad and therefore have more than normal eligible. There are a bunch of VFL-listed guys who have played lots of games this year (e.g. Heavyside), but as noted above not many of them are "must include"s.

B: McNeice. Ferry. Michael
HB: HeppA. Freezer. Ashby
C: Hams. Coghlan. Edwards
HF: McKenna. McKernan. J Merrett
F: Kommer. Boyse. Redman
R: Jamar. Crowley. Polkinghorne

I: Long. Simpkin. Francis. Nyuon
23P: Holmes

Emerg: J Langford, S Heavyside. Wallis. Eades

A few very unlucky players if this team selected but it looks strong enough to have a red hot tilt at the flag!!

Don't worry: I'm very used to people not getting my jokes! Sometimes I wish I was more slow-witted.
I'm still shattered that no-one picked up on my comment that Nick Xenophon "sounds foreign".

Please explain

Don't worry: I'm very used to people not getting my jokes! Sometimes I wish I was more slow-witted.
I'm still shattered that no-one picked up on my comment that Nick Xenophon "sounds foreign".

How do you know they didn’t pick up on it?

Stars are up in Footy Live app.

HepA leading dreamteamer with 26 and 7 tackles, and a dodgy groin like his brother.

Edwards 26

Boyse 4.0 from 16 disposals and 9 marks - has kicked 7 straight in his two week VFL career

Eades 5 disposals.

Overall the stats were very close, except hitouts 28-55 and Inside 50s 63-43.

That Heppell junior guy is a dead man walking, can barely take a step without wincing. Edwards, McKernan and Kommer are our real gems. I can’t believe other teams aren’t jumping all over them. :slight_smile:

That Heppell junior guy is a dead man walking, can barely take a step without wincing. Edwards, McKernan and Kommer are our real gems. I can't believe other teams aren't jumping all over them. :)

Yes I did hear that Hep A is barely getting on the ground even with pain killing injections, much like Matty Dea who I hear Woosha is pushing his broken body through the Carlton game only to throw him away like a used tissue at the end of the week.

Can’t believe Nash Holmes can still walk either after the way he has been smashing up his body too. EFC really are cruel bastaards.

Stars are up in Footy Live app.

HepA leading dreamteamer with 26 and 7 tackles, and a dodgy groin like his brother.

Edwards 26

Boyse 4.0 from 16 disposals and 9 marks - has kicked 7 straight in his two week VFL career

Eades 5 disposals.

More should be made of this fact considering how ordinary our 1sts are in this facet of the game.
B: McNeice. Ferry. Michael HB: HeppA. Freezer. Ashby C: Hams. Coghlan. Edwards HF: McKenna. McKernan. J Merrett F: Kommer. Boyse. Redman R: Jamar. Crowley. Polkinghorne

A few very unlucky players if this team selected but it looks strong enough to have a red hot tilt at the flag!!

Given the efforts earlier on in the year in front of goal, Jack Langford must play.

My 22 on form:

B: A. Heppell, S. Michael, J. Ferry
HB: A. Francis, J. Freezer, J. Ashby
C: J. Polkinghorne, D. Coghlan, J. Merrett
HF: M. Redman, S. McKernan, S. Edwards
F: A. Boyse, J. Langford, S. Heavyside
R: G. Nyuon, R. Crowley, W. Hams
Int: J. Long, N. Kommer, B. McNeice, T. Wallis
23p: N. Holmes
Emerg: M. Jamar, J. Simpkin, C. McKenna

Oh Pazza… so many things, from Holmes not being a possible 23rd player, to that emergency bench…

B: McNeice. Ferry. Michael HB: HeppA. Freezer. Ashby C: Hams. Coghlan. Edwards HF: McKenna. McKernan. J Merrett F: Kommer. Boyse. Redman R: Jamar. Crowley. Polkinghorne

Given the efforts earlier on in the year in front of goal, Jack Langford must play.

My 22 on form:

B: A. Heppell, S. Michael, J. Ferry
HB: A. Francis, J. Freezer, J. Ashby
C: J. Polkinghorne, D. Coghlan, J. Merrett
HF: M. Redman, S. McKernan, S. Edwards
F: A. Boyse, J. Langford, S. Heavyside
R: G. Nyuon, R. Crowley, W. Hams
Int: J. Long, N. Kommer, B. McNeice, T. Wallis
23p: N. Holmes
Emerg: M. Jamar, J. Simpkin, C. McKenna

wow, this is a really strong team if that irish kid is an emergency, cos every time I saw him in the two’s he played reasonably well. must of stunk it up in the games I didn’t see. anyway, go Bombres! win us a flag!

Conor will kill it off halfback after his senior stint. He draws the ball better at this level too because his run stands out so much more. They really look for him at every opportunity too