Round 21 2018 Non Essendon Games

Posted this elsewhere… but I think relevant here too… look at a summary of Norf’s fixture this year:

- Playing top team Richmond only once (at Etihad, not MCG)
- Playing 2nd team West Coast only once (in Hobart, not Perth)
- Playing 3rd team GWS only once (in Hobart, not Sydney)
- Playing 4th team Hawthorn once (at Etihad, not MCG)
- Playing 5th team Collingwood once
- Playing 6th team Melbourne once
- Playing 7th team Port Adelaide once (at Etihad, not Adelaide)
- Playing 14th placed Western Bulldogs twice
- Playing 15th placed St Kilda twice
- Playing 16th placed Brisbane twice
- Playing 17th placed Gold Coast twice

Yes, they are on the same win/loss ratio as us… but they will STILL miss the 8 despite the best fixture of any club in 2018.

With that same fixture, we would be top 4.

6 Likes

You can probably relax. Sydney down 2x men on the bench. If Melbourne can re-assert themselves in the middle, the weight of numbers by way of forward entries should see them get on top the longer the game goes.

You know what? If Dees blow this, they can lose their next two against Weagles and Giants and go out instead. All good.

Pressure.

For the time being.

That’s a very poor miss.

3 Goals Farking TWELVE!!

Crucial 1 on one won by the Melbourne player against FRANKLIN!

Would rather Sydney win now.

After we knock off Richmond and Poort all we’ll need is for GWS to beat Melbourne the following day.

Gonna rock up to the G with a Giants scarf, sit in the MCC and beat my chest like a fkn ape as Dylan Shiel sinks the Dees on the run from 55.

2 Likes

Honestly this is just depressing we should be in the top 8 not these ■■■■ teams

1 Like

EFA

1 Like

Aliir is a star. That ability to intercept is critical to the way the game is currently played.

There’d be 17x other clubs who would be making inquiries as to his availability.

1 Like

A team with intestinal fortitude would fight through being 2+ men down.

2 Likes

Not at the pace this game is being played. Doesn’t matter how committed you are.

They’re not playing St Kilda or Carlton.

Just working with the Ladder Predictor. This game’s result (Melb v Syd) is not going to alter whether we make it or not. Anyone get to that conclusion? And also the chances of a Melb final first week are increasing (Coll Haw or Melb).

Almost my exact words to anyone within earshot when was lining up for a shot vs us late in the game.

No. There are plausible scenarios that see either off them fall out to our advantage, but there’s more combos where Sydney losing is better.

Nah we would be sunk.

We lose to bottom 4 sides.

It will be a miracle if we beat Richmond at the MCG.

I’m still humming sons of the west

2 Likes

Right now, we could finish as high as 7th.

Swans over Dees.

rd22
Ess d Tiges
Pies d Port
Cats d Freo
GWS d Syd
Eagles d Dees
Ade d Nth (Still make 8th if Nth win)

Rd23
Ess d Port
Cats d GCS
Hawks d Swans