Round 21 2018 Non Essendon Games

This should be Fark FC’s time slot for the next two seasons. Sunday afternoon at no one gives a sh*t o’clock.

12 Likes

Confirmed ACL, on good knee. What a ■■■■■■■.

On the lighter side it does remind me of Bruce Reid when the sticky tape came off.

Melbourne are improving but they just aren’t capable of sustaining pressure for long enough or able to cope if it comes back the other way just yet.

The game should have been iced by 10 minutes into the 2nd term but they just couldn’t capitalise on their advantage.

Not quite mature enough.

Imagine this mob without Nathan jones.

Seems believable. Last year we went 5-2 at the MCG and got bent over at the SCG in finals.

Other than Curnow, Crips and SPS I dont even like Carltons kids.

2 Likes

True but get 2x more seasons into Oliver, Brayshaw + Petracca and they shouldn’t need so much input from Jones.

Lever back in makes a significant difference, too.

Gawn barring something catastrophic should still be in his sweet spot and Hogan is still a young man so it’s not all doom and gloom for the Dees.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Melbourne and Essendon facing off deep in the finals over the next few seasons.

Do you think that good players alone can make them more professional though? They seem to have institutional issues.

Like Essendon.

Who did we need to win out of Freo and Carlton?

Oh my bad, they’re both ■■■■

1 Like

Freo of course, because Fark Carlton

IIRC we had a pretty decent record at the ‘G last year. It should suit us in theory, extra space should help our run and creativity.

I do.

They (like Essendon) are miles ahead of where they were 4-5 years ago.

I find the ‘entrenched culture of failure’ argument hard to accept as the personnel on and off the field is turned over so regularly that they’re almost a different club to to the say 2013 or 2008 versions.

And it goes the other way, too. The Bulldogs being a prime example of what happens if you stop doing the right things on and off the park.

Melbourne, like Essendon will spew about what could/should have been this year but there are enough good people at both clubs to see them continue on an upward trajectory for the near future at least.

Lol.

Xavier Ellis just said that L FRANKLIN! has not played in a losing side against Melbourne in his entire 14 year career so far.

5 Likes

That’s a fair stat

Culture is inherited, it takes a generation to build and can be destroyed overnight.

Too much long bombing into the fwd line. We’ve seen that before

Wow.

Underrated post

1 Like

Acronym fixed

1 Like