Round 21 - Essendon v Adelaide: Game Thread

IN: Stanton, Hocking,Bird.

3 Likes

Cmon mate. Teams have been getting a run on against us with us doing nothing to stop it for years

You’re failing to acknowledge Adelaide are a better side than Essendon. About 6x goals better. They’re on top of the ladder because they’re pretty good. Mount an argument for why you believe J Worsfold can’t coach or p*ss off with your trolling. Tell us, supercoach, what makes you think you know better than blokes who are actually paid to make moves? The people who work with these players seven days a week. Who have all the information at their disposal? And in case you were unaware, ‘just because’ isn’t an argument.

3 Likes

All of the htb nd non-htb calls were worse for mine.

Letting them kick 7 in a row was the end of the game. Always too hard to fight back from there.

But great we kept persisting

Crows were full strength. In the end too classy with their ball use. Zerrett, Raz & Bags in for us and we would have given it a real shot, all are so important for us.

4 Likes

It’s lack of pace through the midfield, simple as that, we get burnt on the rebound coz our mids can’t get back quick enough.

7 Likes

I should have been more specific, our defensive side for our midfield. Our midfield is second rate because it literally can’t defend when the opposition midfield has the ball. Our backline is OK generally despite the lack of ability to spoil it would seem.

1 Like

Maybe watch a few more games this year and might see that we have indeed stopped run ons in quite a few games. The issue is that we don’t have the cattle to make it stick for long enough throughout the year.

1 Like

IN: Stanton, Hocking, Bird.

2 Likes

Worsfold makes moves hahahaha

You crack me up.

Why aren’t the umps singing the song?

2 Likes

So our percentage is now 104.5%. What were we before? 105.7% or something of the like?! Not a critical drop but one we need to make up.

Hoping like hell that St Kilda win!

I did mean mids not kids lol, the kids are alright.

Watching the vfl on tv today though, we don’t have a lot of pace there either, well not on the list, a few of the vfl boys have toe

That Howlettbtackle free kick will do me.

That’ll do me for a fair while with football I reckon. That was just, I don’t know, not sure how to describe it. Just put them in GA and GD bibs and be done with it.

Calling a player a ‘weak dog’ was harsher than that tackle.

6 Likes

I’ve made my arguments elsewhere, as you know.

Saying a coach isn’t up to it in an essendon forum isn’t trolling. Trolling would be cheering for another team or wishing for results that hurt our club’s chances. Why don’t you ■■■■ off with that ■■■■.

4 Likes

This midfield needs an enema. Makes our defence worse.

I’m supposed to make you depressed not the other way around.

That’s the thing that gets me. People keep screaming for the young blokes to come in but we don’t have any that seem to be better than what we already have.

2 Likes

They’re a stronger more skilful side- arguably best in the comp. We will improve- it will just take time.

You haven’t paid attention properly to footy since 1984 have you robbo?