Round 21 - Essendon v Adelaide: Game Thread

Lets put it this way, Woosha has not been blessed with the creative insight Sheedy has. Where he would move his players around when a player was getting beaten or change them. Woosha fails to do this in most instances. His reasons being that the players need to make the moves and coach themselves on the field. That hasn’t worked with this team, this year. Also, some of the team selection choices have left many of us scratching our heads, players being dropped or not being dropped. Changes need to be made and I’m hoping for all our sakes, they will at the end of the season…

Would rather a kid come in and get 6 touches than senior guys with golden tickets.
Losing by 60 with kids is better than losing by 40 with what we have

5 Likes

The only ones trolling tonight were ■■■■ Carlton.
Credit where due though. Nice one.

1 Like

He was always considered a strange pick

We are 12 months off being able to beat this mob and the umps

Another Dodoro special at pick 29

You do realise we still make the finals, and that 20 points can be the difference in percentage that sees us make it or not?

Sheeds style of moving players around has pretty much left AFL circles at this time. There is not a lot of shuffling going on in many teams. Not even the Crows move their players around much. But I agree that he isn’t Sheeds at his best, not many are.

That highlighted line is a bit of a Blitz furphy. Yes he is doing that a bit but he is still coaching the side and still trying to shuffle the midfield around to get the right mix throughout the game. It isn’t overly working because we have a crap midfield group atm.

Lav is the anti raz

1 Like

I can’t see us making finals.

We will be a game behind tight in %, it’s a fluke if we do.

1 Like

Hence my point about percentage

It’s about the future. We are making up the numbers this year. Getting half a dozen games into Begley, Ridley etc is better than playing guys that have no future at the club.

1 Like

What about getting a final into McGrath, Parish, Walla, Raz*, Zerrett, McKenna, Ambrose, Stewart, Gleeson and Lav?

There is plenty of time to give throw away games to those other kids. I want to see us start to build the culture that finals are a minimum expectation.

We still have something to play for.

THIS

1 Like