Round 21 - Essendon vs St Kilda @ Etihad (10/8 7:50pm) - anticipation and speculation

Whatever happens this game, Im looking forward to the Richmond game next Friday night at the G for some reason.

Cant put my finger on it but I’ve had it circled in the fixture all year.

Just re-read the post above and man this club can make you deluded sometimes, on what planet can I possibly be harvesting confidence playing the reigning premiers.

PLANET ESSINGTON THATS WHAT

I’ll be even more confident of a big showing next week if the Saints turn us over.

7 Likes

Oh fark the truth can hurt

we beat richmond their flag campaign ends.

We’ll play “well” and still lose by 10 goals at best.

1 Like

I reckon it could get ugly. very ugly.

if richmond break the game open by half time, i imagine in the second half the pressure from essendon will drop right off as they will be in holiday mode.
If that happens i’d expect a 100 point plus win to richmond.

If Ken’s reaction doesn’t tell us what it means to wear the Essendon jumper, nothing will.
What a great representative he has been for the club, what a gentlemen and what a champion.

7 Likes

Hard to get up for this game after the life and death adrenaline of the past month or two.

Will stroll in just before the bounce and with the maturity Ive seen in the fellas the past few months I reckon we’ll wipe the floor against the hapless Saints.

4 quarter effort again please.

When the time comes of course I’m going to want us to smash them, and I’ll be excited about the game, but right now I have this perverse thought of them beating us by ten goals and by gosh does it make me giggle.

1 Like

Ken Fraser

WSPHU

And his children. And his children’s children.

For three months.

4 Likes

Really, the very thought of that makes me want to smash something

Hope we smash them for 4 straight qtrs and keep the pressure game style going

1 Like

Never thought I’d say this about you…

YOU MONSTER

1 Like

Geez St Kilda struggle to kick ten goals most weeks.

most weeks.

6 Likes

In: Laverde (his magnet is already on the Saints team board)

6 Likes

Ken Fraser is a true and modest Essendon champion and leader in every sense. Premiership captain in 1965 and unfortunately was injured and couldn’t play in the ‘68 GF close loss to the the unmentionables. Member of the ‘62 flag team as well.
Head Prefect at Essendon High School in 1957 and played his first game for the Bombers in round 1 the next year.
Was a hero of mine at EHS and as a great Essendon footballer and person.
Handy cricketer, bowled offices for Nth Essendon Presies.
Well played Frizzer.

13 Likes

U going to the Saints game?
Would be nice if you say g’day to him from me.
Oh well then.

10 internet points for whoever can guess the movie this is from

Google makes this a trivial task, sadly.

Oh well…

1 Like