Round 21 Non-Essington Games

Thanks BSD. Giants with a tune up run in prep for the finals. Showing their class. Doggies are done for the season, a disappointing way to end their flag defence. Have lacked conviction all year, and have not enjoyed being the hunted.

I’ve got alot or love for him to ■■■■ off into the sunset for a nice well earned retirement…but then he will get to go to the GF so therefore maybe not.

Wow Toby Greene is a ■■■■ wit

I hope Greene isn’t suspended, because I want GWS beating up on WC and GEELONG in their two remaining matches.

2 Likes

The mental backflips by derm was atrocious

Looked to me Greene had enough vision to see the bulldogs player coming… Bottom line for me, if he did that to one of our players & put him out of the game & possibly weeks, personally would be pretty angry

Oh boy another danger interview tomorrow riolio is ecstatic

So, here’s the question.

The Bulldogs, latest premiers, universally regarded as having great coaching staff and seasoned, experienced players, who are very active in bringing in new talent, who play many kids - just got smashed. They were very competitive in the 1st half - a very high-calibre game. Fast, daring - both sides. They used Libratore to tag what they identified as the biggest threat.

In the 2nd half, they fell to pieces. They missed their passes and their shots at goal. They fumbled, ran around in circles, became desperate, and looked exhausted.

What happened?

1 Like

Efficiency inside F50, Dogs should of been 8 goals up at half time. Kicked 4.6 in the quarter and had about 15 more I50’s but butchered it horrendously. GWS only went in a couple of times and were gifted 2 goals from howlers. Giants lifted their work rate in the third quarter and dominated possession and the Dogs defence is their Achilles heel so the Giants just got it into their forward 50 as quick as possible.

Why?

The more pertinent question for us, is how the hell did we let the bulldogs kick 19.13 from 53 inside 50’s a couple of weeks ago when their season average is about nine goals worse than that.

2 Likes

McCrae, McLean, Libba, Stringer and Hunter were very poor with the ball. Hunter and McCrae especially continued to kick it to the opposition or miss targets inside forward 50. Then you have Stringer and Cloke missing very gettable goals

Our game was end to end and they didn’t get a mass of repeat inside 50s so found much more space in their forward line against us. That isn’t an excuse for us, just what happened

1 Like

What was it about this time?

How normal he is?

Said this a month or to ago. Footscray this year is us in 94. Won a flag a few years early and got brought back to the pack.

They remind me of hawthorn in 09 as well. Got one early and will take a few years to get back there.

1 Like

Fascinating.

One million percent intentional. He’s the grubbiest grub since late-career Libba.
Really needs someone to Staker him to remind him how big and tough he really is in the scheme of things.