Round 21 Non-Essington Games

Spoon battle
suns play us and port, a win clear, 80.5%
carlton play hawks and swans, 79.8%
brisbane play melbourne and north, 74.5%
north play saints and brisbane, 86.3%

I’d say fark carlton are best placed, with north 2nd.

Pies fighting back, kicked the last 3 versus Port.

Ideally want them to win so Port game against Dogs next week becomes much more important for them!

Edit. Make that last 4.

8pt game now

2 Likes

Would Robbie Gray make the “That ONE Player” List??

That was a bit special.

Gray being sacrificed this season to patch up Ports Scania forward line. He’s genuinely in the Fyfe/Martin/danger bracket

2 Likes

You’d have him because he’s a fkn gun but boy oh boy do we need a pure midfielder

1 Like

This Port performance is making me nervous. Need them to beat the Doggies next week. And they may have to do it without Ollie Wines.

Onya Jarryd. (local boy done good) keeps them in it & pumping.

Pittard isn’t half as bad as what some people have made out on here. I think he’s a handy player. What we need? Probably not, but he’s a decent player imo

2 Likes

He is a decent player. He’d be an upgrade on Gleeson. But he shouldn’t be what we target.
We have far bigger concerns than our rebounding half back line.

He would make it easier to move McGrath or McKenna (possibly both) to the midfield

Gleeson has been ok of late.

He has been but I don’t know how much more improvement Gleeson has in him. He’s far too inconsistent for mine

How would Sam Powell Pepper look? Spewing we couldn’t get hold of him last draft. Kid is gonna be a Dustin Martin type in time.

Gleeson is 22, Pittard 26

Gleeson is a far better mark

How about this one? Adelaide win next week - thus sewing up top spot - and rest a few of their banged-up stars (Sloane, Walker et al) in the final round to get them cherty-ripe for finals. That’s the scenario that scares me…

Won’t matter if GWS thump West Coast

2 Likes

What scares me the most is Hawthorn sneaking in. Sounds far fetched but the equation is:
Dogs lose both (Port and Hawthorn)
Eagles lose both (GWS and Crows)
Saints drop 1 (Norf and Richmond)

If the Hawks win both (FCFC and Dogs) that would only leave us between them and the 8.

1 Like

Can’t see Port Adelaide getting near Foootscray - Port are shizen. Will have to be the Hawks to beat Dogs.

Uh… yes please? Even I’m not that optimistic!

You just know if that happened we would lose to Freo lol

1 Like